    manual settings?) I really don't need the extra MP, cost, or size of the
    SD500. Thanks.

    -c
    casey j cress, Jun 10, 2005

  2. casey j cress

    Bucky Guest

    casey j cress wrote:
    > My question is this: Does anyone know if I can, or what manual settings
    > to use to replicate these scene modes if I bought the Canon SD400?

    It's hard to tell because Canon's manual does not explain specifically
    what each mode does. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Canon's scene
    modes. I tried them out with my SD200, but in the end, I just use the
    manual mode.

    For an amateur, you can pretty much do most of the manual compensation
    you need with the exposure compensation setting and forcing flash
    on/off. I don't think it's worth spending an extra $100+ and having a
    bigger camera just for the extra 4 scene modes.
    Bucky, Jun 10, 2005