    screens breaking on this model. Are these screens more susceptible to damage
    than other cameras in its class?

    S1
    Expert Witness, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Expert Witness

    Mark² Guest

    Expert Witness wrote:
    > I can pick up a brand new one for a good price-- but I read about the
    > LCD screens breaking on this model. Are these screens more
    > susceptible to damage than other cameras in its class?

    Perhaps it's because people stick them in their back pocket, not realizing
    the stress they are applying to the sides of the camera body and screen in
    particular.
    These tiny, pocketable cameras are subject to far more abuse, IMO, since
    they are stuffed in places where they get squeezed/flexed.
    Mark², Sep 24, 2005

  3. Expert Witness

    Savvy 1 Guest

    Savvy 1, Sep 25, 2005
  4. Expert Witness

    Savvy 1 Guest

    Savvy 1, Sep 27, 2005
  5. Expert Witness

    Steven Wandy Guest

    > >I can pick up a brand new one for a good price-- but I read about the LCD
    > >screens breaking on this model. Are these screens more susceptible to
    > >damage than other cameras in its class?

    I had the 410 and my son had the 400 (atleast until he "lost" it on a cruise
    ship - he now has my 410). Never had a problem with the LCD screen.
    Steven Wandy, Sep 29, 2005
  6. Expert Witness

    Mark² Guest

    Steven Wandy wrote:
    >>> I can pick up a brand new one for a good price-- but I read about
    >>> the LCD screens breaking on this model. Are these screens more
    >>> susceptible to damage than other cameras in its class?
    >>>

    > I had the 410 and my son had the 400 (atleast until he "lost" it on a
    > cruise ship - he now has my 410). Never had a problem with the LCD
    > screen.

    Ya, but that's because you're smart enough to NOT carry it...and sit on
    it...in your back pocket.
    Some folks just don't get the whole bend/pressure concept (!).
    :)
    Mark², Sep 29, 2005