    of the SD300 (Ixus 40) or are they going to stop producing it? I've wanted
    an Ixus 430 for awhile and maybe this will be an opportunity to get one
    cheap
    Jason Smith, Oct 19, 2004

  2. "Jason Smith" <> writes:
    >Hi there
    >Does anyone know if the Ixus 430 will continue to be sold after the release
    >of the SD300 (Ixus 40) or are they going to stop producing it? I've wanted
    >an Ixus 430 for awhile and maybe this will be an opportunity to get one
    >cheap

    Those are two different camera lines from Canon, and both have existed
    side-by-side for several years. The 430/500 are small CF-memory
    cameras with 3X zoom, the SDxxx cameras are even smaller cameras with SD
    memory and less zoom range.

    So the 430 will likely eventually be replaced by a new CF-memory camera,
    but the SD300 is not it.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Jason Smith

    Mr Jessop Guest

    "Dave Martindale" <> wrote in message
    > "Jason Smith" <> writes:
    >>Hi there
    >>Does anyone know if the Ixus 430 will continue to be sold after the
    >>release
    >>of the SD300 (Ixus 40) or are they going to stop producing it? I've wanted
    >>an Ixus 430 for awhile and maybe this will be an opportunity to get one
    >>cheap

    > Those are two different camera lines from Canon, and both have existed
    > side-by-side for several years. The 430/500 are small CF-memory
    > cameras with 3X zoom, the SDxxx cameras are even smaller cameras with SD
    > memory and less zoom range.
    >
    > So the 430 will likely eventually be replaced by a new CF-memory camera,
    > but the SD300 is not it.

    430 is already discontinued. s40 is its replacement. Thinner chassis due to
    smaller lens due to transparent ceramic elements which have a higher
    refractive index than glass.
    Mr Jessop, Oct 21, 2004