Canon SD1000 - 15 sec exposure -- time delay exposure

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by actuary@mchsi.com, Jun 11, 2007.

  1. Guest

    To: All:

    I just purchased a Canon PowerShot SD1000. I would like to take a 15
    second exposure. I followed the User's Guide as I understood it and
    set the time delay to 10 seconds and then a long shutter speed of 15
    seconds. I pressed the shutter button and the lens retracted and it
    appeared that the camera shut off. I've had success with other
    functions available with the camera that I have tried but not this
    one. Any suggestions?

    As you might guess I'm trying to see what kind of night sky exposure I
    will get.

    Thanks

    Larry
    , Jun 11, 2007

  2. bitwisebob Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:59:46 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >I just purchased a Canon PowerShot SD1000. I would like to take a 15
    >second exposure. I followed the User's Guide as I understood it and
    >set the time delay to 10 seconds and then a long shutter speed of 15
    >seconds. I pressed the shutter button and the lens retracted and it
    >appeared that the camera shut off. I've had success with other
    >functions available with the camera that I have tried but not this
    >one. Any suggestions?

    check the power saving features. I don't have this camera, but other
    Canons have auto power down features, that you can adjust or turn off

    ---
    Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
    Eugene Oregon
    bitwisebob, Jun 12, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Jun 11, 9:25 pm, bitwisebob <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:59:46 -0700, ""
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >I just purchased a Canon PowerShot SD1000. I would like to take a 15
    > >second exposure. I followed the User's Guide as I understood it and
    > >set the time delay to 10 seconds and then a long shutter speed of 15
    > >seconds. I pressed the shutter button and the lens retracted and it
    > >appeared that the camera shut off. I've had success with other
    > >functions available with the camera that I have tried but not this
    > >one. Any suggestions?

    > check the power saving features. I don't have this camera, but other
    > Canons have auto power down features, that you can adjust or turn off
    >
    > ---
    > Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
    > Eugene Oregon

    Bob:

    I think you answered my question. I turned the power-down feature off
    and the camera appeared to function as I wanted it to. Now if the
    night sky is clear tonight, I'll give try to see what I can do.

    Larry
    , Jun 12, 2007