    for any suggestions from the group.

    Thanks in advance---

    Big John
    Big John, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Big John

    Guest

    OMG, this is too funny. Well not funny HA HA but wierd that I JUST ran
    into the SAME exact PROBLEM.... as I turned my sd100. Very strange.
    Question Big John, did you ever use a different SD card in your camera?

    I KNOW for sure that I recently upgraded to a new SD card, used it once
    before the camera experienced that same EXACT symptoms. It worked fine
    before the SD upgrade and it worked only ONCE with the new SD card. The
    next time I turned on the camera, that's when it happened.

    I think the new SD card really screwed something up. I even tried the
    firmware update and it did nothing for the camera. I'm going to do more
    testing.

    -John

    On Nov 14, 5:56 pm, Big John <> wrote:
    > My Canon SD 100 has just developed a problem I have never encountered before.
    > It's been working fine until today. When I turned it on, the LCD Monitor shows
    > no response, i.e. it's blank gray!! The lens comes out normally,I look through
    > the view finder and things are normal,I can open the Menu and it appears
    > normal--go of any of the on-screen displays and all appear normal. I can review
    > images that are on the SD card, delete them etc. In so many words everything
    > seems normal except that I do not get an image on the LCD screen and cannot take
    > a picture!!
    >
    > I have changed batteries (good and strong), changed SD Cards and nothing seems
    > to help.
    >
    > Since I am several hundred miles from a repair facility, I thought I would try
    > for any suggestions from the group.
    >
    > Thanks in advance---
    >
    > Big John
    , Nov 17, 2006