    the card can be. Thanks.

    Paul

    , May 18, 2006

  2. writes:
    >I'm sorry for asking this question here. I did a bit of research but
    >couldn't find the answer anywhere. Canon's website doesn't say how big
    >the card can be. Thanks.

    It *should* take any size SD card you can buy. Earlier Canon cameras
    were limited to 2 GB cards by the FAT16 file system they used, but I
    believe all cameras using the Digic II processor (which includes the
    550) support FAT32. So anything you can buy for the forseeable future
    will be supported.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, May 19, 2006