    is the same as the download offered by Canon.
    Has anyone any ideas?

    Richard
    R L Tosswill, Mar 27, 2005

  2. R L Tosswill

    JANA Guest

    Try the scanner on different USB ports, and see if it does the same thing.
    Look in the System Info, and go to the IRQ's. See what is being shared by
    the USB ports. A scanner can be critical to IRQ sharing, and or conflicts.

    Sometimes these problem are fixed by putting the scanner on an active
    (powered) USB hub. The hub acts like a timer buffer, and allows for longer
    port timeouts in case there are any delays from the way the system is
    addressing the USB ports. There was an issue about this from HP, and a few
    other manufactures.

    Sometimes there is a problem where the port is too fast for the scanner. The
    active USB hub will slow things down for it. Sometimes the scanner software
    can have timing issues under some conditions.

    If you do not find a USB port that works properly with your scanner, try
    putting the scanner on an active USB hub. The try different USB ports from
    the computer to the hub. If this does not work, then you have to start
    getting in to the IRQ sharing of the USB ports in the computer.

    Scanner tips:
    http://www.scantips.com/chap3b.html

    Newsgroups:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=usb scanner irq conflict timing out&qt_s=Search Groups

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "R L Tosswill" <-net.com> wrote in message
    Every half-dozen or so scans, my Canoscan freezes in mid scan. 300dpi, no
    memory
    problems, random occurrence. Have to restart every time. Checked that my
    driver

    JANA, Mar 27, 2005

  3. R L Tosswill

    philo Guest

    R L Tosswill wrote:
    > Every half-dozen or so scans, my Canoscan freezes in mid scan. 300dpi, no memory
    > problems, random occurrence. Have to restart every time. Checked that my driver
    > is the same as the download offered by Canon.
    > Has anyone any ideas?
    >
    > Richard

    could be a mechanical problem
    philo, Mar 27, 2005
  4. R L Tosswill

    °Mike° Guest

    Connections? Faulty scanner?

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:45:54 +0100, in
    <>
    R L Tosswill scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 27, 2005
  5. R L Tosswill

    VX99 Guest

    VX99, Mar 27, 2005
  6. R L Tosswill

    recruit2112 Guest

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 05:59:02 -0600, philo wrote:

    > R L Tosswill wrote:
    >> Every half-dozen or so scans, my Canoscan freezes in mid scan. 300dpi, no memory
    >> problems, random occurrence. Have to restart every time. Checked that my driver
    >> is the same as the download offered by Canon.
    >> Has anyone any ideas?
    >>
    >> Richard

    > could be a mechanical problem

    I've had a variation on this. Make sure all your cables are seated
    correctly, and reboot. Depending on the environment you could have some
    corrosion on your connectors.
    recruit2112, Mar 27, 2005
  7. R L Tosswill

    R L Tosswill Guest

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 06:57:00 -0500, "JANA" <> wrote:

    >Try the scanner on different USB ports, and see if it does the same thing.

    He wrote a whole lot more that I didn't understand, but I didn't need to - his
    first suggestion worked like a charm. Thank you.

    And thank you to everyone else who replied. In an increasingly greedy world, the
    kindness of those who frequent such newsgroups as this stands out.
    R L Tosswill, Mar 28, 2005
  8. R L Tosswill

    Colossa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    My Scanner doesn't work properly. Like for example:
    I put the plug on my computer and I was about to select "Scan" But it isn't lighting up which means it's not plugged. Please tell me what to do!
    Colossa, Dec 4, 2012