    work with 64bit OSs? Does anyone have experience of successfully installing a
    Canon scanner on XP x64?

    Grateful for advice.
    simonc, Feb 23, 2009

  2. simonc

    Dennis Pack Guest

    simonc:
    Go to
    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadIndexAct for the
    drivers for Canon scanners. The newer models have XP x64 & Vista x64 drivers
    listed. If 64 bit drivers aren't listed for your model drivers for a model
    close to yours may work but no guarantees.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win7

    Dennis Pack, Feb 23, 2009

  3. simonc

    simonc Guest

    Dennis

    Many thanks for this link. I have found an x64 driver for the model I was
    thinking of getting. The sad thing is I had actually rung up Canon support
    (in their call centre in ?India) and they'd said the model wouldn't work with
    x64. So it's as well I decided to investigate further.

    simonc, Feb 24, 2009
  4. simonc

    Dennis Pack Guest

    simonc:
    Thanks for the update. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win7

    Dennis Pack, Feb 25, 2009
  5. simonc

    Guest

    On Feb 23, 2:13 am, simonc <> wrote:
    > I've used an old Canon USB scanner for some years but can't install it on XP
    > x64 because there's no driver. I am rather surprised that in the online
    > information about the latest Canon USB scanners ithey are not shows as being
    > compatible with XP x64 either. Is it possible that these newer devices would
    > work with 64bit OSs? Does anyone have experience of successfully installing a
    > Canon scanner on XP x64?
    >
    > Grateful for advice.

    I use vuescan on X64. It supports some Canon scanners, but you need to
    investigate HOW it supports them. Sometimes vuescan camps on the twain
    provided by the manufacturer. For other models, it has it's own native
    code that doesn't require drivers from the manufacturer.

    http://www.hamrick.com/
    From my experiences, Ed does all the programming. This is good and
    bad. Bad in that he is probably overworked. Good in that you can do
    email with a person who knows what the hell is happening. .

    I had an old SCSI scanner and just didn't feel like fighting the
    battle to get it running under X64. Ed suggest a few Canon scanners
    that he could make work under X64 without drivers. I got a LIDE 25.
    Not high end though, but fine for the application.
    , Mar 1, 2009