    ------------------------------

    Graham Russell Photography - www.grahamrussell.info
    ProSportPhotos - www.prosportphotos.com

    Graham Russell, Sep 18, 2005

  2. Graham Russell

    Stacey Guest

    Graham Russell wrote:

    > My 3 year old Canon S9000 printer is now reporting a print head failure.
    > Has anyone successfully replaced the print head in their S9000 or should I
    > just throw it away and get a new i9950?

    Depending on how much use it's had, might be better to just get a whole new
    printer.

    A tip I read, DON'T connect your printer to a power strip that you turn off
    manually. Only use the printers power button to turn it on and off as this
    controls when it does it's head cleaning thing. I don't know if you do this
    but it does affect print head life.

    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Sep 19, 2005

  3. "Stacey" <> wrote in message
    > Graham Russell wrote:
    >
    >> My 3 year old Canon S9000 printer is now reporting a print head failure.
    >> Has anyone successfully replaced the print head in their S9000 or should
    >> just throw it away and get a new i9950?
    >>

    > Depending on how much use it's had, might be better to just get a whole
    > new
    > printer.
    >
    > A tip I read, DON'T connect your printer to a power strip that you turn
    > off
    > manually. Only use the printers power button to turn it on and off as this
    > controls when it does it's head cleaning thing. I don't know if you do
    > this
    > but it does affect print head life.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Stacey

    I've ordered a new i9950 because the s9000 had earned it's keep!!! I need it
    tomorrow because I need to calibrate it quickly as I've a rush job on.

    I never turn the printer off on the wall first. I always turn it off using
    the 'off' button so the print head is parked properly.

    Luckily I can use my existing ink carts with the new printer. Just need to
    order some red and green too!! I'm looking forward to higher quality prints
    and edge to edge printing on more sizes too!!

    Graham Russell, Sep 19, 2005