    see what it looks like?

    Regards

    , Feb 14, 2005

  2. Dan G Guest

    Get a cleaning kit like the one from www.inkjetsaver.com. There are ink
    passages between the tank and the head that clog causing the symptoms you
    see. The cleaning cycles do not clear these passages. Do not use the printer
    in this condition or you may well cook the heads. And, never leave a ink
    tank out of the printer for more than a few minutes.

    http://www.inkjetsaver.com/clean.html

    Dan G, Feb 14, 2005

  3. rafe bustin Guest

    On 14 Feb 2005 12:45:36 -0800, wrote:

    >How can I tell if my 820D's print head has gone bad or if I'm having a
    >different problem?
    >
    >Until recently my photos have been printing very well. Now, I get tons
    >of streaks and banding. Print Head alignments and nozzle cleanings do
    >not help.
    >
    >Are there any sure signs that the problem is the print head? Does
    >anyone happen to have a scan of photo printed with a bad head so I can
    >see what it looks like?

    If you can't get a good nozzle check
    then you will get horizontal banding.

    If all your ink carts have ink (ie.
    none are empty) then chances are the
    head has gone bad. Canon heads are
    replaceable, but I don't know if the
    head on an 820D is worth replacing.

    Might be worth a visit to Canon's
    website or a call to their 800 support
    line.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe bustin, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Guest

    How do I know it just needs a cleaning kit as opposed to it needing to
    be
    replaced?

    BTW - it seems the more I clean the heads (deep clean) the worse result
    get with the nozzle check (just Magenta gets worse, all other colors
    look
    good).

    Regards

    Dan G wrote:
    > Get a cleaning kit like the one from www.inkjetsaver.com. There are

    ink
    > passages between the tank and the head that clog causing the symptoms

    you
    > see. The cleaning cycles do not clear these passages. Do not use the

    printer
    > in this condition or you may well cook the heads. And, never leave a

    ink
    > tank out of the printer for more than a few minutes.
    >
    > http://www.inkjetsaver.com/clean.html
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > How can I tell if my 820D's print head has gone bad or if I'm

    having a
    > > different problem?
    > >
    > > Until recently my photos have been printing very well. Now, I get

    tons
    > > of streaks and banding. Print Head alignments and nozzle cleanings

    do
    > > not help.
    > >
    > > Are there any sure signs that the problem is the print head? Does
    > > anyone happen to have a scan of photo printed with a bad head so I

    can
    > > see what it looks like?
    > >
    > > Regards

    , Feb 15, 2005
  5. Dan G Guest

    The clog is getting worse and worse the more you use it. Keep using it and
    the head is fried, if it's not already.

    Dan G, Feb 15, 2005
  6. Crhoff Guest

    Are you using Canon ink? Based on my past experience magenta seems to cause
    the most trouble. Cleaning kit is cheaper than a new head if it's not to
    late

    Crhoff, Feb 15, 2005