    Is a compact hard shell case available for the Canon S50 ? Something
    that would be form-fitting, not much larger than the camera itself.
    To protect it should it be dropped.
    Steve Parus, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Steve Parus

    Peter Jones Guest

    When I bought my camera, the salesman steered me to a very soft case
    that clearly wouldn't do anything to protect the camera, except from
    dust! I went over to the LowePro line, the case is a bit bigger than
    actually needed, but it's going to give the camera a lot more
    protection. It's made out of woven fabric, so it won't give you the
    protection a hard case will. The camera is reasonably small and
    light, so I'm fairly confident that nothing will happen to it while
    I'm carrying it around (or wearing it) using the neckstrap.

    Peter

    On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:27:46 -0500, Steve Parus
    <> wrote:

    >Is a compact hard shell case available for the Canon S50 ? Something
    >that would be form-fitting, not much larger than the camera itself.
    >To protect it should it be dropped.

    Digital Photography Reference
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/PJDigPhot.htm
    Touchup, an image viewing applet (also shows EXIF)
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/software.htm
    Health, happiness and healing
    http://www.SuperNaturalWoman.com
    Peter Jones, Nov 13, 2003