Canon S50 add on lenses?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I'm thinking about picking up one of the brackets for the S50 that
    allow you to add other lenses.

    There's one with a 37mm thread and there was another (can't find the
    dang link now) that had a different thread size.

    One was about half the price of the other, but the one with the 37mm
    thread looked to be a much better choice, even though it was the more
    expensive one. I figure as is so often the case, you get what you pay
    for.

    Anyone use one of these? http://www.ckcpower.com/s3040.htm

    Anyone have any suggested lenses that work well with the S45 or S50
    that they've used?

    I have an older Canon AE1 Program 35mm with a variety of wide angle
    and telephoto lenses, and am looking for some more versatility with my
    digital camera.

    thanks for any info.

    John
    John, Nov 16, 2003