Canon S5 IS - Prestige Camera has low price - says it is US model

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mehlREMOVETHIS@cyvest.com, Jul 10, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello --

    Is this posting OK for this group?

    Prestige has the lowest price I have found ($4 more than Broadway
    Photo's foreign model).

    I asked Prestige to confirm in writing the following:
    1 - it is a US model
    2 - the manual is in English
    3 - repairs, if needed, would be done in US

    Are these questions sufficient to guarantee that the model is US?
    If not, what else should I ask?

    Have readers been satisfied with Prestige?

    Thanks for any information and/or advice.

    Larry Mehl
    , Jul 10, 2007

  2. Andrew Koenig, Jul 10, 2007

  3. Dave Cohen Guest

    Andrew Koenig wrote:
    > "" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Have readers been satisfied with Prestige?

    > http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Broadway_Photo

    It needs to come in unopened original box with all factory supplied
    accessories, software and warranty info.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Jul 10, 2007
  4. Dave Cohen Guest

    Dave Cohen wrote:
    > Andrew Koenig wrote:
    >> "" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Have readers been satisfied with Prestige?

    >> http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Broadway_Photo
    >>

    > It needs to come in unopened original box with all factory supplied
    > accessories, software and warranty info.
    > Dave Cohen

    I should have added, make sure the item is returnable without a hassle.
    Personally I'm not interested in rock bottom prices. Amazon normally
    waive shipping charges on this type of item and shipping charges need to
    be factored in when making your decision.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Jul 10, 2007
  5. SMS Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello --
    >
    > Is this posting OK for this group?
    >
    > Prestige has the lowest price I have found ($4 more than Broadway
    > Photo's foreign model).

    Broadway and Prestige are the same company

    > I asked Prestige to confirm in writing the following:
    > 1 - it is a US model
    > 2 - the manual is in English
    > 3 - repairs, if needed, would be done in US
    >
    > Are these questions sufficient to guarantee that the model is US?
    > If not, what else should I ask?
    >
    > Have readers been satisfied with Prestige?

    Uh, check reseller ratings. With a six month rating of 0.89/10, you
    might want to think twice.

    Amazon is $458 with free shipping (be sure to look at "More Buying
    Choices" where it's sold directly by Amazon and not by Tiger Direct).
    Buydig is $465 with free shipping.
    SMS, Jul 10, 2007
  6. Guest

    On Jul 10, 1:40 pm, SMS <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hello --

    > > Is this posting OK for this group?

    > > Prestige has the lowest price I have found ($4 more than Broadway
    > > Photo's foreign model).

    > Broadway and Prestige are the same company
    >
    > > I asked Prestige to confirm in writing the following:
    > > 1 - it is a US model
    > > 2 - the manual is in English
    > > 3 - repairs, if needed, would be done in US

    > > Are these questions sufficient to guarantee that the model is US?
    > > If not, what else should I ask?

    > > Have readers been satisfied with Prestige?

    > Uh, check reseller ratings. With a six month rating of 0.89/10, you
    > might want to think twice.
    >
    > Amazon is $458 with free shipping (be sure to look at "More Buying
    > Choices" where it's sold directly by Amazon and not by Tiger Direct).
    > Buydig is $465 with free shipping.

    Thank you for the responses. I will go with Amazon.

    Larry Mehl
    , Jul 11, 2007