    Any thoughts or other recommendations?

    Thanks in advance
    Adam

    GF, Jul 23, 2003

  2. GF

    Bill Crocker Guest

    The Canon S30, S45, and S50, are all excellent digital cameras that should
    meet the needs of most people.

    Bill Crocker

    "GF" <sugreene@NO_SPAMnetzero.net> wrote in message
    > I'm searching for a good, compact point and shoot digicam for general
    > family/travel photos.
    >
    > I had a Canon S10 previously but it recently bit the dust and need to find

    > replacement. I believe I've narrowed it down to a Canon S45 or Olympus
    > Stylus 300. I'm willing to sacrifice some pixels and features in order to
    > get fast cycle times and minimal shutter lag which is why I chose the S45
    > over the S50. Same logic applied to selecting the Stylus 300 over the

    400.

    Bill Crocker, Jul 23, 2003

  3. GF

    Cameron Guest

    I have a Canon S45 and it takes excellent pictures. The flash is
    a bit weak in some instances but usuually its fine. If you really
    don't need to do lots of flash work then its a great choice. It doesn't
    have a hot shoe for an external flash(works with a slave though). Did
    you check out the Nikon Coolpix 4500? Its about the same price as the
    S45. It has a couple of advantages such as very good macro, flexible
    lens system(Canon S45 is a little more awkward) and it allows you to
    swivel the LCD screen to make it easier to set shots up especially when
    you want to be in the picture.

    Cameron, Jul 24, 2003
  4. GF

    GF Guest

    Yep. In the compact world, Canons are hard to beat. Cameron - I'll look
    into the Coolpix4500. Biggest factor is shutter lag.

    Thanks to all for the input.

    Adam

    GF, Jul 24, 2003