    shots. Most seem to have glass or indoor lighting in the pic.Is this the
    problem or is it a malfunction.
    Thanks.

    Andrew Marsh, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Andrew Marsh

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Andrew Marsh wrote:

    > Hi all. Another newbie photographer question.
    > I have a canon s400 and I seem to be getting light spots on some of my
    > shots. Most seem to have glass or indoor lighting in the pic.Is this the
    > problem or is it a malfunction.
    > Thanks.

    Are they indoor shots taken with the flash and do they look like the white
    spots shown in the image in the link at the bottom of this text ??

    If so.. It's dust.. The flash is very close to the lens and it brightly
    illuminates any dust in the air close to the front of the lens. The short
    focal lengths of mini digicams allows this dust to be seen. Not much you can
    do.

    In 35mm cameras it isn't such a problem due to the longer focal lengths.. In
    this case, the dust is so out of focus that you can't see it..

    http://members.shaw.ca/jamestownsend/dust.jpg

    In this image, I held a wool blanket over my head and shook it as I took a
    flash photo using my S100.. The dust spots are very easy to see. Normally
    there wouldn't be this much dust..

    Jim Townsend, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Andrew Marsh

    Andrew Marsh Guest

    Just what I needed to hear. I am a woodworker and the shots were taken in
    the shop .(lotsa dust :)
    Btw ,exact same spots.

    Thanks

    Andrew Marsh, Oct 26, 2003
  4. "Andrew Marsh" <> wrote in message news:<b9Emb.2399$>...
    > Just what I needed to hear. I am a woodworker and the shots were taken in
    > the shop .(lotsa dust :)
    > Btw ,exact same spots.
    >
    > Thanks

    Drew: Based on that picture, your woodworking sucks. Your photographic
    composition is not very good either, asshole.

    SurpriseTeste, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Andrew Marsh

    Andrew Marsh Guest

    Based on the fact that the pic was obviously a couple of doors in jims house
    (meaning jims shots). You seem to be a brainless wonder.And by the way ,you
    are not much of a surprise and certainly have no testes. Get a life asswipe!

    Andrew Marsh, Oct 26, 2003