Canon S400 vs Sony P10 vs Sony P92 vs Oly C50

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Monica Krowley, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. I already know that the Canon Powershot is an excellent ultracompact
    as far as optics go....outdoor pics look just as good as Canon G3 in
    auto mode.

    I am curious how the Sony's hold up. I hear they produce exaggerated
    greens. Other than that, how are the optics? I read the reviews on the
    P10. Not bad. I haven't seen any reviews for the P92. Since the P92 is
    a little bigger and heavier than the P10, I was wondering if is a
    better camera even though it is cheaper. Amazon.com has the P92 for
    $399 and the P10 for $449. They are both 5 Megapixel cameras.

    I am almost sold on the Canon S400. I would use this as a second
    camera for grab shots to keep in my purse at all times. I just wanted
    to know if the Sony's hold up....the 5MP tempts me. I want the
    cropping options available to me.

    How about the Olympus C-50?

    Owners or people who have used the above cameras please reply here. I
    would especially love to see side-by-side photo comparisons and hear
    criticism from people who have operated combination of the above
    cameras. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    Monica Krowley, Sep 6, 2003