    it to do? Thanks for any help.
    Godspeed,
    bigslick
    bigslick, Jul 9, 2004

  2. bigslick

    scott Guest

    "bigslick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone replaced the LCD on a Canon S400? If so how difficult is
    > it to do? Thanks for any help.

    I've not tried it on this item, but my job often involves taking apart
    things with small LCDs in and I've never had a problem removing LCDs and
    replacing them.

    They are normally just snapped into place using little tabs on the metal
    frame or plastic frame of the LCD, a small flat-bladed screwdriver will
    lever it out easily. Electrical connector will either be a small flat plug
    and socket or the LCD side won't have a plug and the FPC (flexible printed
    circuit) will just slot into a special connector on the camera PWB. These
    can sometimes be tricky to release because they are very small, but again,
    I've never broken anything and I've used them hundreds of times.

    Just be careful not to get any smudges or dirt on the front of the LCD when
    you put it in because you won't be able to clean it once you've screwed it
    all back together!

    LCDs are actually quite robust (you can zap them, cook them, drop them and
    they'll still work), it's pretty hard to break them without trying.

    Hope this helps,

    Scott
    scott, Jul 9, 2004