    the same. Yes, I know about DPREVIEW but am interested in personal
    experience.

    Thanks in advance, Ed
    ed, Oct 31, 2003

  2. ed

    J Guest

    S230 and A70 are 3mp
    S400 is 4mp.

    If you can afford it, go for the S400.
    If you want to spend less on the camera so you can buy memory cards and
    etc....go for the S230
    If you want more manual controls and to use different lenses...go for the
    A70

    I have the S230, GREAT camera. I looked at some sample pictures from the
    A70 and S230 on the review sites and to me...the S230 pictures looked
    sharper right out of the camera. The S230 is also much smaller. I you want
    some more info, feel free to send me an e-mail or post here.
    remove NOSPAM from my e-mail address if you're e-mailing.
    -J

    J, Oct 31, 2003

  3. ed

    Bandicoot Guest

    "J" <> wrote in message news:<v7Cob.19260$>...
    > S230 and A70 are 3mp
    > S400 is 4mp.
    >
    > If you can afford it, go for the S400.
    > If you want to spend less on the camera so you can buy memory cards and
    > etc....go for the S230
    > If you want more manual controls and to use different lenses...go for the
    > A70
    >
    > I have the S230, GREAT camera. I looked at some sample pictures from the
    > A70 and S230 on the review sites and to me...the S230 pictures looked
    > sharper right out of the camera. The S230 is also much smaller. I you want
    > some more info, feel free to send me an e-mail or post here.
    > remove NOSPAM from my e-mail address if you're e-mailing.
    > -J
    >
    > "ed" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know if the overall picture quality of the 3 cameras is about
    > > the same. Yes, I know about DPREVIEW but am interested in personal
    > > experience.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance, Ed

    Can't you stupid idiots do a little research before flooding the group
    with these simpleton questions? There are so many sites where you can
    compare features of various cameras and see sample images. Also, your
    dumb question has been answered dozens of times in this group. Check
    the Google archives you stupid schmuck!
    Bandicoot, Nov 1, 2003
  4. ed

    DHB Guest

    Bandicoot,
    you must be a genius because your rude inconsideration got
    you on my kill file on your 1st try, so don't bother answering this because
    I won't see it or anything you post effective now!

    Have a nice life.

    Respectfully, DHB

    DHB, Nov 1, 2003
  5. ed

    J Guest

    I must agree with DHB.

    J, Nov 1, 2003
  6. ed

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Bandicoot <> wrote:
    >Can't you stupid idiots do a little research before flooding the group
    >with these simpleton questions?

    As opposed to flooding the newsgroup with your childish tirades?

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Nov 1, 2003
  7. (Ray Fischer) writes:

    >As opposed to flooding the newsgroup with your childish tirades?

    Put him in your killfile. You haven't seen him/her say anything
    valuable, have you? So no loss. And if nobody responds to his tirades,
    he'll get bored.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Nov 3, 2003