    one week.

    Has anyone gotten and tried the new Canon yet? I wonder how soon the
    reviews will appear.
    Larry, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Larry

    dalesky Guest

    dalesky, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    thanks! Sounds like a nice camera. I might wait until some of the formal
    reviews come out which might give more directly comparable data. Only issue
    is the "I want it now" emotions and that I'll have to use my old digital
    camera on our upcoming road trip.

    Larry, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Larry wrote:
    > thanks! Sounds like a nice camera. I might wait until some of the
    > formal reviews come out which might give more directly comparable
    > data. Only issue is the "I want it now" emotions and that I'll have
    > to use my old digital camera on our upcoming road trip.

    If you get the FZ5 I know you will not be disappointed!

    (I'm all too well familiar with the "I want it now" syndrome - currently
    supressing the urge to get a dual-core 64-bit system. But stopping
    because if I went that route I would get no virus protection software -
    none yet available!).

    David
    David J Taylor, Jun 10, 2005
  5. Larry

    Dizzledorf Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:38:57 GMT, "Larry" <>
    wrote:

    >thanks! Sounds like a nice camera. I might wait until some of the formal
    >reviews come out which might give more directly comparable data. Only issue
    >is the "I want it now" emotions and that I'll have to use my old digital
    >camera on our upcoming road trip.

    Larry, DCResource just posted a formal review of the S2 IS here:
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_s2-review/index.shtml

    I've had mine for a few days, and it is simply awesome. The above
    review jives exactly with my (brief) experience with the camera. I
    find myself loving the speed of the camera -- startup, shot-to-shot,
    review -- the most, kickass IS zoom and movie mode notwithstanding.

    I think this is the hottest camera of the year...
    (only wish I had gotten it for $350 on the mega Dell deal last week!)

    ---
    As I write this, my brother just called to tell me about this GREAT
    NEW CAMERA _he_ got. He called all over for weeks to find it, drove
    30 miles to pick it up, and it was the last one they had! It's called
    the "Canon S2 IS"... lmao
    ---

    It's really got everything I want in my go-everywhere non-dSLR camera.
    So much so that I actually... (gasp) got the extended warranty... I
    plan on having this camera for the next 3 years, and don't want to be
    greeted with a $165 "minimum repair charge" from the likes of Minolta
    (and I'm sure others) 13 months from now.

    DIZZLE
    Dizzledorf, Jun 14, 2005