    When I press the power off button on my new Canon S1 IS, it willpower
    off and for some unknown reason it will power up by itself. It is only
    after second power off that it will remain off. What is wrong?
    canon, Jul 2, 2005

  2. canon

    Skip M Guest

    "canon" <canon@home> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I press the power off button on my new Canon S1 IS, it willpower
    > off and for some unknown reason it will power up by itself. It is only
    > after second power off that it will remain off. What is wrong?

    It wants to make sure you really mean it...

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Jul 2, 2005

  3. My S1 IS never did that, and my S2 IS hasn't either. What you are describing
    sounds quite usual. Do you have fresh batteries in it? I know that sounds
    odd, but may be the cause.

    I always used lithium AA cells in my S1 IS, and am using them exclusively in
    my S2 IS. They provide very smooth power with a very flat discharge curve.
    This means that when they are good, they are very very good, and when they
    go dead, it happens very quickly.

    Bye.

    David Sommers, Jul 2, 2005
  4. canon

    canon Guest

    On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:23:42 GMT, "David Sommers" <>
    wrote:

    >My S1 IS never did that, and my S2 IS hasn't either. What you are describing
    >sounds quite usual. Do you have fresh batteries in it? I know that sounds
    >odd, but may be the cause.
    >
    >I always used lithium AA cells in my S1 IS, and am using them exclusively in
    >my S2 IS. They provide very smooth power with a very flat discharge curve.
    >This means that when they are good, they are very very good, and when they
    >go dead, it happens very quickly.
    >
    >Bye.

    I am able to continue to shoot for hours after the power off mishap so
    it is not a battery issue. Maybe I am pressing the wrong button.
    canon, Jul 3, 2005
  5. canon

    Mahesh Singh Guest

    On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:23:42 GMT, David Sommers wrote:

    > I always used lithium AA cells in my S1 IS

    I didn't know there was a Lithium AA but looking it up on google it seems
    the Energizer company does make them.

    http://www.energizer.com/products/faq.asp?q=16

    Q: How unique is the lithium AA battery?
    A: Energizer? manufactures the world?s only AA lithium 1.5 volt battery.

    Kool!
    Mahesh Singh, Jul 3, 2005