    2 gig card was all that I thought had changed, put my 1 gig back in and the
    intervalometer worked fine. Has anyone else experienced this with a 2 gig
    card?

    ABC, May 14, 2006

  2. ABC

    y_p_w Guest

    ABC wrote:

    > Has anyone tried a 2 gig card in an S1? I got a 2 gig Sandisk Ultra II. It
    > works fine for everything (photos & movies), but when I set the
    > intervalometer, it captures only the first frame and no more. It goes
    > through the "motion" of proper operation at each interval, but only saves
    > the very first image. Did a reset on the settings and no change. Since the
    > 2 gig card was all that I thought had changed, put my 1 gig back in and the
    > intervalometer worked fine. Has anyone else experienced this with a 2 gig
    > card?

    The manual doesn't specify anything beyond the 512 MB Canon
    CF card. I haven't tried anything bigger than 1GB and never
    tried the intervalometer.

    Do you have the firmware update?

    y_p_w, May 15, 2006

  3. ABC

    ABC Guest

    "y_p_w" <> wrote in message

    > ABC wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone tried a 2 gig card in an S1? I got a 2 gig Sandisk Ultra II.
    >> It works fine for everything (photos & movies), but when I set the
    >> intervalometer, it captures only the first frame and no more. It goes
    >> through the "motion" of proper operation at each interval, but only saves
    >> the very first image. Did a reset on the settings and no change. Since
    >> the 2 gig card was all that I thought had changed, put my 1 gig back in
    >> and the intervalometer worked fine. Has anyone else experienced this
    >> with a 2 gig card?

    > The manual doesn't specify anything beyond the 512 MB Canon
    > CF card. I haven't tried anything bigger than 1GB and never
    > tried the intervalometer.
    >
    > Do you have the firmware update?

    Yes, I do have the firmware update. There was only one update, wasn't
    there?

    ABC, May 15, 2006
  4. ABC

    SleeperMan Guest

    ABC wrote:
    > "y_p_w" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> ABC wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone tried a 2 gig card in an S1? I got a 2 gig Sandisk
    >>> Ultra II. It works fine for everything (photos & movies), but when
    >>> I set the intervalometer, it captures only the first frame and no
    >>> more. It goes through the "motion" of proper operation at each
    >>> interval, but only saves the very first image. Did a reset on the
    >>> settings and no change. Since the 2 gig card was all that I
    >>> thought had changed, put my 1 gig back in and the intervalometer
    >>> worked fine. Has anyone else experienced this with a 2 gig card?

    >> The manual doesn't specify anything beyond the 512 MB Canon
    >> CF card. I haven't tried anything bigger than 1GB and never
    >> tried the intervalometer.
    >>
    >> Do you have the firmware update?

    > Yes, I do have the firmware update. There was only one update, wasn't
    > there?

    nope, there were two. version 1.0.2.0. is latest
    http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/pss1is/firmware-e.html

    BTW...i don't exactly recall, but wasn't there an advertisement about
    possibility of long movie shooting, but only limitation was 1g (still is on
    later models) ? If so, then it should support more than 1G....

    --
    Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com

    SleeperMan, May 15, 2006
  5. ABC

    ABC Guest

    "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    > ABC wrote:
    >> "y_p_w" <> wrote in message

    >>> The manual doesn't specify anything beyond the 512 MB Canon
    >>> CF card. I haven't tried anything bigger than 1GB and never
    >>> tried the intervalometer.
    >>>
    >>> Do you have the firmware update?

    >> Yes, I do have the firmware update. There was only one update, wasn't
    >> there?

    > nope, there were two. version 1.0.2.0. is latest
    > http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/pss1is/firmware-e.html
    >
    > BTW...i don't exactly recall, but wasn't there an advertisement about
    > possibility of long movie shooting, but only limitation was 1g (still is
    > on later models) ? If so, then it should support more than 1G....
    >
    > --
    > Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com
    >

    > Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
    > http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

    Just checked and I've got 1.0.2.0

    ABC, May 16, 2006