    --
    Peter

    Ying tong iddle-i po!

    Peter Twydell, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Peter Twydell

    Jim Shaffer Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 00:06:32 GMT, Peter Twydell
    <> wrote:

    >I just bought an RS60-E3 on ebay, so no instructions.
    >
    >OK, I know, just stick it in and push, but what I want to know is: what
    >is the purpose of the hole at the bottom end of the case? Anything
    >inserted would only make contact with one leaf of the switch, so what's
    >it for?

    I never even noticed there was a hole, nor do I remember reading
    anything about it in the instructions, if it even *had* instructions.
    (I have one purchased new in box, but I don't know where the
    instructions are if I kept them.)

    Jim Shaffer, Aug 7, 2005

  3. Peter Twydell

    PanHandler Guest

    --
    "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
    Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
    "Jim Shaffer" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 00:06:32 GMT, Peter Twydell
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I just bought an RS60-E3 on ebay, so no instructions.
    >>
    >>OK, I know, just stick it in and push, but what I want to know is: what
    >>is the purpose of the hole at the bottom end of the case? Anything
    >>inserted would only make contact with one leaf of the switch, so what's
    >>it for?

    That's just a hole to park the connector after you've wrapped the cord
    around the unit, to keep it from unwinding and getting tangled in your bag.
    I wish Canon had done the same thing with the RS-80N3.

    PanHandler, Aug 7, 2005
  4. Peter Twydell

    PanHandler Guest

    > That's just a hole to park the connector after you've wrapped the cord
    > around the unit, to keep it from unwinding and getting tangled in your
    > bag. I wish Canon had done the same thing with the RS-80N3.

    Actually, there's a hole in the side of the RS-80N3 that appears to have the
    same function, but it's only a place to park the Remote Jack cap used on
    some bodies.

    PanHandler, Aug 7, 2005
  5. In message <fdeJe.20486$>, PanHandler
    <> writes

    >> That's just a hole to park the connector after you've wrapped the cord
    >> around the unit, to keep it from unwinding and getting tangled in your
    >> bag. I wish Canon had done the same thing with the RS-80N3.

    >Actually, there's a hole in the side of the RS-80N3 that appears to have the
    >same function, but it's only a place to park the Remote Jack cap used on
    >some bodies.

    Thanks for the information. It also explains the grooves that the cord
    slots into when you wrap it around the body!
    --
    Peter

    Ying tong iddle-i po!

    Peter Twydell, Aug 7, 2005