    taking the shot?
    As you can tell i havent played with taking photos from dusk onwards.
    Your comments are much appreciated.
    Bonehead, Jan 22, 2007

  2. Bonehead

    Matt Ion Guest

    Bonehead wrote:
    > Hi
    > Can someone advise me on which canon remote controller would be better
    > suited for night photography. The RC-1, RC-5 or the RS-60E3. RC1 and
    > RC-5 can both fire immediately or would it be better to have the
    > RS-60E3 so that you can press the shutter halfway to compose etc before
    > taking the shot?
    > As you can tell i havent played with taking photos from dusk onwards.
    > Your comments are much appreciated.

    For what camera?

    A lot of AF cameras won't even shoot until focus is locked, and need a remote
    with a half-press to initiate autofocus. The connectors would likely be
    different on a remote with that function.
    Matt Ion, Jan 22, 2007

  3. Bonehead

    King Sardon Guest

    On 22 Jan 2007 11:12:56 -0800, "Bonehead" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >Can someone advise me on which canon remote controller would be better
    >suited for night photography. The RC-1, RC-5 or the RS-60E3. RC1 and
    >RC-5 can both fire immediately or would it be better to have the
    >RS-60E3 so that you can press the shutter halfway to compose etc before
    >taking the shot?

    The RC-1 actuates the camera remotely from the camers's front. So this
    is a bit unhandy if you are taking pics standing behind the camera.
    The RC-1 is best for self-portraits and group shots that you are in.
    It has a 2-sec delay to allow you to hide the remote.

    Note that the RC-1 does not do a mirror lockup when using the 2-sec
    delay, contrary to some info on the web. (Would be a handy feature,
    though.)

    The RS-60E3 is more suitable for general photography. You can
    half-click it to focus, etc. and can lock it for bulb exposures. The
    2-foot length is a bit stingy but it works.

    KS
    King Sardon, Jan 22, 2007