    ransley Guest

    How do I access the memory meter to see total shots taken on a Rebel
    450
    ransley, Jun 23, 2008

  2. ransley

    ransley Guest

    On Jun 23, 10:00 am, Shawn Hirn <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    >  ransley <> wrote:
    > > How do I access the memory meter to see total shots taken on a Rebel
    > > 450

    > I have a Rebel 450, but I don't see anything in the manual or on Canon's
    > web site that answers your question. If I were so inclined, I would go
    > tohttp://www.canon.comand open up a service request to ask how to see
    > the total shots taken.

    I thought it was an easily accesable feature, especialy needed when
    buying used cameras
    ransley, Jun 23, 2008

  3. ? "ransley" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    On Jun 23, 10:00 am, Shawn Hirn <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    > ransley <> wrote:
    > > How do I access the memory meter to see total shots taken on a Rebel
    > > 450

    > I have a Rebel 450, but I don't see anything in the manual or on Canon's
    > web site that answers your question. If I were so inclined, I would go
    > tohttp://www.canon.comand open up a service request to ask how to see
    > the total shots taken.

    I thought it was an easily accesable feature, especialy needed when
    buying used cameras
    <end quote>
    Isn't that supposed to be embedded in the Exif data?

    HTH,

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jun 23, 2008
  4. ransley

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,
    ransley <> wrote:

    > > > How do I access the memory meter to see total shots taken on a Rebel
    > > > 450

    > > I have a Rebel 450, but I don't see anything in the manual or on Canon's
    > > web site that answers your question. If I were so inclined, I would go
    > > tohttp://www.canon.comand open up a service request to ask how to see
    > > the total shots taken.

    > I thought it was an easily accesable feature, especialy needed when
    > buying used cameras

    normally it's in the shutter count field in the exif data, but for
    whatever reason, canon doesn't write that info it in many of their
    cameras. i don't know if the 450 does or not, but if you get exiftool
    and dump all of the tags, you can see if it's there or not.

    <http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/>
    nospam, Jun 23, 2008