Canon rebate and lens questions

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steven Weber, Apr 23, 2005.

  1. Steven Weber

    Steven Weber Guest

    I have a few questions pertaining to selection of lenses and the recent
    Canon sponsored rebate on select cameras and lenses. See rebate form
    link below.

    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/Promotions/CIWC_Coupon_041505.pdf

    1. I was wondering if anyone knew if the Canon EOS 20D _body only_ is
    eligible for the recent rebate promotion. I believe it is at authorized
    retailers but want to verify.

    2. Is it necessary to buy all of your equipment from one retailer and
    submit one rebate form for everything you've bought, or is it permitted
    to buy equipment from multiple retailers and send in multiple rebate
    forms with required documentation each item?

    3. Would you advise me to buy the EOS 20D body & EF-S 18-55mm kit, or
    save about seventy dollars by buying the 20D body alone and apply the
    money towards a Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens? (FYI - I plan to
    purchase an EF 28-135mm USM IS.)

    TIA for your help and clarifications.
    Steven Weber, Apr 23, 2005

  2. In article <>,

    #1 - Both are covered but enter the body's UPC code.
    http://www.web-rebates.com/canon

    #2 - The T & C does not forbid sending multiple rebate forms or multiple
    receipts.

    #3 - The kit 18-55mm is just a temporary lens to make the camera work
    while people new to SLRs decide which lenses they need. It would be a
    waste of money on a 20D if you're starting off with other lenses. (It's
    has some value on the 350D when weight and size are factors.)
    Kevin McMurtrie, Apr 23, 2005

  3. Steven Weber

    DM Guest

    Steve,

    > 1. I was wondering if anyone knew if the Canon EOS 20D _body only_ is
    > eligible for the recent rebate promotion. I believe it is at authorized
    > retailers but want to verify.

    The 20D body is eligable for $100 rebate (the form clearly states this).

    > 2. Is it necessary to buy all of your equipment from one retailer and
    > submit one rebate form for everything you've bought, or is it permitted
    > to buy equipment from multiple retailers and send in multiple rebate
    > forms with required documentation each item?

    You can buy from multiple sources and submit all the specified documentation
    with one form.

    > 3. Would you advise me to buy the EOS 20D body & EF-S 18-55mm kit, or
    > save about seventy dollars by buying the 20D body alone and apply the
    > money towards a Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens? (FYI - I plan to
    > purchase an EF 28-135mm USM IS.)

    Personally, I'd save my $70 dollars and put it to a lens I'd really use.

    Regards

    DM
    DM, Apr 24, 2005