Canon RAW with JPG imbedded

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterH, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. PeterH

    PeterH Guest

    I have Canon 300D.

    The manual says that when shooting in RAW there is also an embedded JPEG
    image making up a total of around 7Mb.

    I have taken a RAW shot and it is about 8 Mb. The manual says to use the
    Canon siftware to extract the embedded jpeg file. The JPEG would norn\mally
    be around 3Mb in size.

    I have looked through all Canon supplied image software but cannot find any
    option to extract the jpg file.

    How can I do this with there software?

    I presume I should be able to separate the jpg and the RAW files.

    I have Canon Zoonbrowser EX, Photoshop Elements 2 and ACDSee 6.

    regards

    Peter

    PeterH, Aug 11, 2004

  2. PeterH

    PeterH Guest

    Finally found the Canon software manual and all has been answered.

    PeterH, Aug 11, 2004

  3. PeterH

    Guest

    "PeterH" <reply to > wrote:

    > I have looked through all Canon supplied image software but cannot find any
    > option to extract the jpg file.

    Either your search skills are pathetic or you didn't "look through all
    Canon supplied image software". Their "File Viewer Utility", while
    not a piece of top-drawer software, has an "Extract and Save JPEG"
    entry on the "File->Save File" sub-menu.

    , Aug 11, 2004
  4. wrote in message news:<>...
    > "PeterH" <reply to > wrote:
    >
    > > I have looked through all Canon supplied image software but cannot find any
    > > option to extract the jpg file.

    > Either your search skills are pathetic or you didn't "look through all
    > Canon supplied image software". Their "File Viewer Utility", while
    > not a piece of top-drawer software, has an "Extract and Save JPEG"
    > entry on the "File->Save File" sub-menu.

    Unfortunately, that doesn't fully apply to the 300D, which is stuck
    with a low resolution embedded JPEG as one of the artificially imposed
    incentives to layout more money for the equally average image quality
    10D.

    Georgette Preddy, Aug 14, 2004