    enable photo viewers to view the photo which don't support the raw format.

    Thanks

    Gaz

    gaz, Jan 26, 2005

  2. gaz

    Guest

    In message <ct6mp4$l9e$>,
    "gaz" <> wrote:

    >Is there anyway to extract the embedded jpg from the raw file of a canon
    >powershot s70? According to the manual the camera includes this jpg to
    >enable photo viewers to view the photo which don't support the raw format.

    Irfanview views Canon 10D RAW files with embedded JPEG files just like
    they were the JPEG. Might work with the s70 files as well; I always
    view 10D RAW files in Irfanview.

    If you want to extract per se, the included Canon software does that.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Jan 26, 2005

  3. gaz

    Doug Mitton Guest

    "gaz" <> wrote:

    >Is there anyway to extract the embedded jpg from the raw file of a canon
    >powershot s70? According to the manual the camera includes this jpg to
    >enable photo viewers to view the photo which don't support the raw format.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Gaz

    The other trick is to just rename the crw_1234.thm file to
    crw_1234.jpg. In linux my viewer appears to ignore the suffix and
    just plain lets me view the jpeg in the thm file.

    Good luck!

    http://www3.sympatico.ca/dmitton
    SPAM Reduction: Remove "x." from my domain.

    Doug Mitton, Jan 26, 2005