    Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.

    Rich

    All outgoing mail is scanned for viruses by Norton Antivirus.
    Rich, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Rich

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: Rich

    >Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
    >Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).

    If you can't find one and don't like the Canon software you might try the free
    trial downloads from BreezeBrowser or Phase One Capture One. I'm using Capture
    One with a Mark II and a 1Ds and it does a noticeably better job than the other
    converters I've tried.

    http://www.c1dslr.com/

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Jul 18, 2004

  3. Rich

    Mark B. Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
    > Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > --
    >
    > Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
    >
    > Rich
    >
    > All outgoing mail is scanned for viruses by Norton Antivirus.

    There aren't any that work directly with PSP or Elements. I have both
    Capture 1 DSLR (www.phaseone.com) and BreezeBrowser (www.breezesys.com),
    they're both very good and have their own advantages & disadvantages. You
    can download trial versions of both.

    Mark
    Mark B., Jul 18, 2004
  4. Rich

    Rick Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
    > Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > --
    >
    > Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
    >
    > Rich

    My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.
    Rick, Jul 18, 2004
  5. Rich

    Steve Hix Guest

    In article <>,
    "Rick" <> wrote:

    > "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > > Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
    > > Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
    > >
    > > Rich
    > >

    > My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

    CS is how much?

    Unfortunately, the plugin that permits opening RAW files doesn't work in
    PS Elements.
    Steve Hix, Jul 18, 2004
  6. Rich

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Rick"

    >My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

    The poster didn't have CS, he had Elements.
    Bill Hilton, Jul 19, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    NVALID says...
    > > My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

    > CS is how much?

    Upgrade from previous versions of Photoshop (even 4.01!) are under $200.
    Otherwise, you're shelling out $800.
    Brian C. Baird, Jul 19, 2004
  8. Rich

    Mark B. Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message

    > "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > > Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
    > > Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
    > >
    > > Rich
    > >

    > My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

    The original post was asking about Elements.

    Mark
    Mark B., Jul 19, 2004
  9. Is there a raw file reader for Linux?

    I have to search the net.

    Thanks
    Post Replies Here Please, Jul 19, 2004
  10. On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:48:43 -0400, "Mark B." <> wrote:

    >"Rick" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rich" <> wrote in message
    >> > Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
    >> > Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
    >> >
    >> > Many thanks
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> >
    >> > Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
    >> >
    >> > Rich
    >> >

    >> My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.
    >>

    >The original post was asking about Elements.
    >
    >Mark

    It could be that the original poster may have been looking for a *decent* Canon RAW
    solution without spending a huge amount of money...

    give it time...give it time...
    Brian Sullivan, Jul 19, 2004
  11. Rich

    Rick Guest

    "Steve Hix" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "Rick" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > > > Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
    > > > Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
    > > >
    > > > Many thanks
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
    > > >
    > > > Rich
    > > >

    > > My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

    > CS is how much?
    >
    > Unfortunately, the plugin that permits opening RAW files doesn't work in
    > PS Elements.

    The upgrade from Elements to PSCS was $299.
    Rick, Jul 19, 2004
  12. Rich

    Rick Guest

    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Rick"

    > >My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

    > The poster didn't have CS, he had Elements.

    I misread the question. Now neither of us have helped Bill. Do you feel
    better having corrected me? Thank you.
    Rick, Jul 19, 2004
  13. Rich

    Rick Guest

    "Mark B." <> wrote in message
    > "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > > > Could someone please point me towards a plugin for Paintshop Pro 8 or
    > > > Adobe Elements 2 so I can open Canon Raw files (.CRW).
    > > >
    > > > Many thanks
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.
    > > >
    > > > Rich
    > > >

    > > My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.
    > >

    > The original post was asking about Elements.
    >
    > Mark

    Yes, Elements and Paintshop 8. I guess I just misread Paintshop for
    Photoshop. The lashing will be at noon.
    Rick, Jul 19, 2004
  14. Rich

    Rick Guest

    wrote:

    > >"Rick" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Rich" <> wrote in message

    > >> My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.
    > >>

    > >The original post was asking about Elements.
    > >
    > >Mark
    > >

    > It could be that the original poster may have been looking for a *decent*

    Canon RAW
    > solution without spending a huge amount of money...
    >
    > give it time...give it time...

    It could have been; but no one seemed to want to tell him. They were too
    busy telling some one that they were talking about the wrong thing.
    Rick, Jul 19, 2004
  15. On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:07:53 -0500, "Rick" <> wrote:

    >"Brian Sullivan" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:48:43 -0400, "Mark B." <>

    >wrote:
    >>
    >> >"Rick" <> wrote in message

    >> >The original post was asking about Elements.
    >> >
    >> >Mark
    >> >

    >> It could be that the original poster may have been looking for a *decent*

    >Canon RAW
    >> solution without spending a huge amount of money...
    >>
    >> give it time...give it time...
    >>

    >It could have been; but no one seemed to want to tell him. They were too
    >busy telling some one that they were talking about the wrong thing.

    LOL...

    Actually, BreezeBrowser is a pretty good solution for the money; if you don't
    mind spending a few bucks. Shame on Canon though...
    Brian Sullivan, Jul 19, 2004
  16. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Brian Sullivan wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:48:43 -0400, "Mark B." <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Rick" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"Rich" <> wrote in message

    >>>My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.
    >>>

    >>The original post was asking about Elements.
    >>
    >>Mark
    >>

    > It could be that the original poster may have been looking for a *decent* Canon RAW
    > solution without spending a huge amount of money...
    >
    > give it time...give it time...

    That's what I am looking for. A decent cheap solution for Elements 2.

    Anyway, many thanks to those people offering sensible sugestions, I'll
    take a look at those.

    Thanks again

    Rich, Jul 19, 2004
  17. Rich

    Chris Brown Guest

    Chris Brown, Jul 19, 2004
  18. Rich

    Mark B. Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message

    > "Brian Sullivan" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:48:43 -0400, "Mark B." <>

    > wrote:
    > >
    > > >"Rick" <> wrote in message

    or

    > > >The original post was asking about Elements.
    > > >
    > > >Mark
    > > >

    > > It could be that the original poster may have been looking for a

    *decent*
    > Canon RAW
    > > solution without spending a huge amount of money...
    > >
    > > give it time...give it time...
    > >

    > It could have been; but no one seemed to want to tell him. They were too
    > busy telling some one that they were talking about the wrong thing.

    I did suggest both BreezeBrowser & C1, neither of which approaches the cost
    of PS CS. Since the OP specifically asked about a plug-in, it seemed
    obvious to me he wasn't going to spend the money for CS.

    Mark
    Mark B., Jul 19, 2004
  19. Rich

    Steve Dell Guest

    > My version of PSCS opens Canon RAW files.

    Agreed. He was looking for Elements and not CS.
    Steve Dell, Aug 23, 2004