    She's also considering the Nikon Coolpix 3200.

    Thanks,
    Bruce
    Bruce, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Bruce

    Jerry Guest

    What was the price on those A70's and A75's?

    Jerry
    Jerry, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Bruce

    chibitul Guest

    In article <Xns9537BC6BEAD50parcxmannetscapenet@63.240.76.16>,
    Bruce <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My daughter is looking for her first digital camera. We did a side by
    > side comparison of the Canon PowerShot A70 and A75 at dpreview,

    [snip]
    > She's also considering the Nikon Coolpix 3200.

    I purchased a Nikon 3200 for a friend, and I found it *too small* for my
    hands (and I've got small hands!). on the other hand, (pun not
    intended), a Canon A70 seemed fine. Make sure your doughter handles all
    three cameras before making a purchase!
    chibitul, Aug 1, 2004
  4. Bruce

    Guest

    I have an A75 and love it. And I'm very impressed with the battery
    longevity. Still on the same 4 batteries from July 5 (now 31st) and
    have taken hundreds of photos.

    Here's a Canon website that has useful info:
    http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/psa75/index-e.html

    Dale
    , Aug 1, 2004
  5. Bruce

    Dave Busch Guest

    On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:31:08 GMT, Bruce <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >My daughter is looking for her first digital camera. We did a side by
    >side comparison of the Canon PowerShot A70 and A75 at dpreview,
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/5z34z
    >
    >but the only difference we saw was the A75 came with a larger LCD (1.5"
    >vs 1.8") and a 16MB larger CF memory card.
    >
    >The A70 has a full review that rates it a very good value. Does the A75
    >perform just as well?
    >
    >She's also considering the Nikon Coolpix 3200.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Bruce

    Your own features needs will be the decision-maker, but I used the A75
    and the Nikon3200 for about a month each and liked the A75 better.

    Not that it will be much help, but here are photos of my mailbox taken
    with each:

    http://www.dbusch.com/d/CanonA75.jpg

    http://www.dbusch.com/d/Nikon3200.jpg

    I haven't analyzed these, but I think the quality's better on the
    Canon.
    Dave Busch, Aug 1, 2004