    won't print because it thinks the wrong cartridge is installed (all
    genuine canon).

    I like the old days, when inktanks had no built-in chips.

    Sir to you, Aug 6, 2007

  2. Sir to you

    Greg House Guest

    On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:34:34 -0700, Sir to you <> wrote:

    >My 15 month old Canon printer (cost 450 bucks) is failing and is
    >outside it's 12mth guarantee.
    >
    >I guess I'll have to try and use the CGA to get them to fix it. A high
    >quality printer should last longer than 15 mths I think.
    >
    >My problem is these stupid microchips they build into inktanks. The
    >printer is having problems reading the data from the inktanks chip and
    >won't print because it thinks the wrong cartridge is installed (all
    >genuine canon).
    >
    >I like the old days, when inktanks had no built-in chips.

    Just clean the contacts..

    Greg House, Aug 6, 2007

  3. In message <>, Sir to
    you wrote:

    > I like the old days, when inktanks had no built-in chips.

    Yes, but in those days the printers cost more, because they couldn't make so
    much money from the ink. When offered a choice between cheaper printers and
    more expensive ones, guess which way the market went?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 6, 2007
  4. Sir to you

    Mutlley Guest

    Greg House < wrote:

    >On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:34:34 -0700, Sir to you <> wrote:
    >
    >>My 15 month old Canon printer (cost 450 bucks) is failing and is
    >>outside it's 12mth guarantee.
    >>
    >>I guess I'll have to try and use the CGA to get them to fix it. A high
    >>quality printer should last longer than 15 mths I think.
    >>
    >>My problem is these stupid microchips they build into inktanks. The
    >>printer is having problems reading the data from the inktanks chip and
    >>won't print because it thinks the wrong cartridge is installed (all
    >>genuine canon).
    >>
    >>I like the old days, when inktanks had no built-in chips.

    >Just clean the contacts..

    Good luck with the CGA. I wonder how many people have tested this
    comeback..

    Mutlley, Aug 6, 2007
  5. Sir to you

    Sir to you Guest

    On Aug 7, 8:37 am, Mutlley <> wrote:
    > Greg House < wrote:
    >

    > >On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:34:34 -0700, Sir to you <> wrote:

    > >>My 15 month old Canon printer (cost 450 bucks) is failing and is
    > >>outside it's 12mth guarantee.

    > >>I guess I'll have to try and use the CGA to get them to fix it. A high
    > >>quality printer should last longer than 15 mths I think.

    > >>My problem is these stupid microchips they build into inktanks. The
    > >>printer is having problems reading the data from the inktanks chip and
    > >>won't print because it thinks the wrong cartridge is installed (all
    > >>genuine canon).

    > >>I like the old days, when inktanks had no built-in chips.

    > >Just clean the contacts..

    > Good luck with the CGA. I wonder how many people have tested this
    > comeback..- Hide quoted text -

    Spoke to Canon, they recommended trying some things. They do have very
    good tech support.

    Sir to you, Aug 7, 2007