    dosh. I am not particularly interested in speed but I am interested in
    quality pics.

    Wyn

    Wyn, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Wyn

    Matt B Guest

    In news:wHvxc.1541$,
    Wyn <> wrote:
    > I am considering buying a printer for pics.
    >
    > Is there anyone using a Canon i560 who would like to give the pros and
    > cons of it. I am attracted to the use of three separate colour ink
    > tanks. As far as I can see the i865 offers little more for the extra
    > dosh. I am not particularly interested in speed but I am interested in
    > quality pics.
    >
    > Wyn

    Have one, have a couple of friends who have them. Don't use mine for digi
    pics but from what I've seen they're OK. For my (home) use it's v good for
    <$300

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Matt B, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Wyn

    K T T Guest

    "Wyn" <> wrote in message
    > I am considering buying a printer for pics.
    >
    > Is there anyone using a Canon i560 who would like to give the pros and
    > cons of it. I am attracted to the use of three separate colour ink
    > tanks. As far as I can see the i865 offers little more for the extra
    > dosh. I am not particularly interested in speed but I am interested in
    > quality pics.
    >
    > Wyn

    Quality pics depend on quality paper.

    K T T, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Wyn

    scoobs Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:42:11 +1200,
    Wyn <> wrote:

    > snip
    > Is there anyone using a Canon i560
    > snip
    > As far as I can see the i865 offers little more
    > snip

    i bought the 850 (now 865) and its a wickedly fast
    yet almost surprisingly very good quality printing.

    a mate has a 560 but mine prints better and leaves
    the other for dead in speed...

    seperate ink tanks are great and i have printed a
    shit load of photos (still on 1st tanks) on plain
    paper for wifey so far so good, very happy with it!

    Scoobs.

    scoobs, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Wyn

    Wyn Guest

    scoobs wrote:
    > On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:42:11 +1200,
    > Wyn <> wrote:
    >
    >> snip
    >> Is there anyone using a Canon i560
    >> snip
    >> As far as I can see the i865 offers little more
    >> snip

    > i bought the 850 (now 865) and its a wickedly fast
    > yet almost surprisingly very good quality printing.
    >
    > a mate has a 560 but mine prints better and leaves
    > the other for dead in speed...

    I looked at the specs on the Canon website and apart from the difference
    in speed and a greater range of paper types I couldn't see any
    difference between the two. When you say that the 865 prints better than
    the 560 was this printing the same file?

    Thanks,

    Wyn

    p.s. What's the bundled software like? Any use?

    Wyn, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Wyn

    colinco Guest

    In article <WIeyc.1926$>,
    says...
    > I looked at the specs on the Canon website and apart from the difference
    > in speed and a greater range of paper types I couldn't see any
    > difference between the two. When you say that the 865 prints better than
    > the 560 was this printing the same file?

    The i865 has a photo black as well to give better shadow detail than
    using the 3 colours to make black and a larger pigment black tank for
    text.

    colinco, Jun 12, 2004
  7. Wyn

    Wyn Guest

    colinco wrote:
    > In article <WIeyc.1926$>,
    > says...
    >> I looked at the specs on the Canon website and apart from the
    >> difference in speed and a greater range of paper types I couldn't
    >> see any difference between the two. When you say that the 865 prints
    >> better than the 560 was this printing the same file?
    >>

    > The i865 has a photo black as well to give better shadow detail than
    > using the 3 colours to make black and a larger pigment black tank for
    > text.

    Thanks, much appreciated. That has helped me make up my mind.

    Cheers,

    Wyn

    Wyn, Jun 13, 2004