    does anyone have any answers to this problem

    thanks Victor

    , Feb 15, 2005

  2. Ryan Jacobs Guest

    provided this moment of wisdom....

    >Hi have a compaq computer with ms works. it will not print out black
    >with a canon bubble jet printer
    >
    >does anyone have any answers to this problem
    >
    >thanks Victor

    At the risk of stating the obvious.....

    Is the black ink cartridge empty?

    If the black cartridge is new - could it be faulty?

    Did you (or someone else) get a refilled cartridge (rather than a new
    cartridge)?

    Have you cleaned the print heads recently (not manually, the software
    should provide an auto method)?

    If none of the above apply, then more info would help - such as when
    did the problem start/etc.

    Ryan Jacobs, Feb 15, 2005

  3. Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:31:25 +1300, wrote:

    > Hi have a compaq computer with ms works. it will not print out black
    > with a canon bubble jet printer
    >
    > does anyone have any answers to this problem
    >
    > thanks Victor

    Hi Victor.

    I have had simular problems with some HP printers, eventually traced it to
    a driver problem. You might try uninstalling the drivers, and re-installing
    them. Some printers also check the ink level of the cart via a chip on the
    cart; sometimes this chip gets confused and reports it as empty when full.
    Common problem with some of the refill kits. Can also happen when a cart is
    taken out and put back in.

    It could also be a blocked head for the black cartridge - try a few
    cleaning cycles. But I assume you've already checked for that.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing." -- Oscar Wilde

    Note: All my comments are copyright 16/02/2005 12:34:58 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Feb 15, 2005
  4. Dave Taylor Guest

    wrote in news:ng3311p0lagnbngn90so20ha3mds01pnld@
    4ax.com:

    > Hi have a compaq computer with ms works. it will not print out black
    > with a canon bubble jet printer
    >
    > does anyone have any answers to this problem
    >
    > thanks Victor

    This is not enough info. Please, what model of Canon. What have you done
    to try to fix it?
    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 16, 2005
  5. Guest

    the computer is a Compaq S5010 and the printer is a Canon i550
    thanks

    On 16 Feb 2005 22:00:52 +1300, Dave Taylor
    <> wrote:

    > wrote in news:ng3311p0lagnbngn90so20ha3mds01pnld@
    >4ax.com:
    >
    >> Hi have a compaq computer with ms works. it will not print out black
    >> with a canon bubble jet printer
    >>
    >> does anyone have any answers to this problem
    >>
    >> thanks Victor

    >This is not enough info. Please, what model of Canon. What have you done
    >to try to fix it?

    , Feb 18, 2005
  6. Dave Taylor Guest

    wrote in

    > the computer is a Compaq S5010 and the printer is a Canon i550
    > thanks
    >

    > On 16 Feb 2005 22:00:52 +1300, Dave Taylor
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in news:ng3311p0lagnbngn90so20ha3mds01pnld@
    >>4ax.com:
    >>
    >>> Hi have a compaq computer with ms works. it will not print out black
    >>> with a canon bubble jet printer
    >>>
    >>> does anyone have any answers to this problem
    >>>
    >>> thanks Victor

    >>This is not enough info. Please, what model of Canon. What have you
    >>done to try to fix it?

    I have an S520, try this:
    make a new document in wordpad. A few sentences will do

    Click on File, print
    Click on preferences to bring up the printer properties page.
    click on the check box that turns on grayscale printing.

    click ok and then print.
    The document will then print out in black because the driver has told the
    printer to not use any of the colour cartridges.
    Is it black?

    Test number two is to do the printer test page.
    Maybe what you can do is go to this page at canon and help yourself to
    some troubleshooting:
    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?
    act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=232&modelid=8046

    Or, http://tinyurl.com/52s5c

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 19, 2005