Canon Printer drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=, Nov 22, 2005.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 22, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    Chris Guest

    They are on the Canon USA site now, too.

    Chris, Nov 23, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    Larry Hodges Guest

    "kingtut" <> wrote in message
    > Found Print drivers for Canon at http://software.canon-europe.com/ even
    > for
    > the Pixma and BJ printers. Works great.
    > --
    > the Wizard

    I'm looking at getting the new Pixma MP500. Great little printer, but no
    x64 drivers yet on Canon's site.

    Larry Hodges, Nov 23, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    LH Guest

    Canon seem to be selective so far about the drivers provided for 64bit
    platform. There seems to be no driver for their only dedicated film scanner
    FS 4000 US.
    Anyone with this scanner had any luck with a 64 bit driver for it? Would
    appreciate help.
    LH

    LH, Nov 23, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    Gato Loco Guest

    I have a Canon 8400F scanner and was pleased to find that they have
    just made drivers for that available at the Canon US site. Also my
    pixma IP5000 now has drivers. Although I have just left my printer
    attached to my 32 bit system and do printing through the network.

    Glad to see Canon step up to the plate. I like their products and
    wasn't to pleased to have to switch.

    Gato Loco

    Gato Loco, Nov 23, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    Josh Hillman Guest

    Here's what Canon emailed me a few days ago regarding 64 bit drivers
    for the CanoScan FS4000US:

    "We apologize for any difficulties that you may have been experiencing
    locating Windows XP 64-bit drivers for the CanoScan FS 4000US.

    Canon has recently developed Windows XP 64-bit drivers for the
    CanoScan
    9950F. Canon has not announced plans to develop drivers for other
    models at this time. However, should drivers be developed, they
    will
    be posted directly to our Web site at www.canontechsupport.com when
    available. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

    This is one of the main reasons I'm dual-booting. I've got lots of
    slides to scan.

    On the bright side, there are 64 bit drivers (and other Canon
    software) for my Canon i9900 printer.

    Josh

    Josh Hillman, Nov 30, 2005