    pretty sure that the cartridges are securely in place. Does anyone have any
    ideas what's wrong? Thanks. (btw, the system is an HP Pavillion 8665C
    running Win98 SE).
    Music Guy, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Music Guy

    Billh Guest

    These printers use two types of print heads. One is all black and "is" the
    ink cartridge and print head in one. The other is for color and black ink
    cartridges that go in to the printer head and the printer head does not get
    changed everytime. I have seen these printer heads go bad so even putting
    new ink in them will not make it print. Try and clean the head with water
    and or getting a new head or large black ink.

    "Music Guy" <> wrote in message
    > I recently got a second hand canon bjc 2000 printer. I've put in new
    > cartridges, downloaded and installed printer driver. When I try to print
    > something, it goes through the motions of printing - for example, the

    paper

    Billh, Aug 4, 2003

  3. On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 01:54:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by Music Guy in message

    > I recently got a second hand canon bjc 2000 printer. I've put in new
    > cartridges, downloaded and installed printer driver. When I try to print
    > something, it goes through the motions of printing - for example, the paper
    > goes through, and the print head moves, but the paper remains blank. I'm
    > pretty sure that the cartridges are securely in place. Does anyone have any
    > ideas what's wrong? Thanks. (btw, the system is an HP Pavillion 8665C
    > running Win98 SE).

    You *did* remember to take the little piece of tape off the nozzles, didn't
    you? (Sounds stupid, I know, but I've seen it happen more than once.)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 1907
    The Old Sourdough, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Music Guy

    Miggsee Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 01:54:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind

    boggled
    > at the following statement by Music Guy in message
    >
    > > I recently got a second hand canon bjc 2000 printer. I've put in new
    > > cartridges, downloaded and installed printer driver. When I try to print
    > > something, it goes through the motions of printing - for example, the

    paper
    > > goes through, and the print head moves, but the paper remains blank. I'm
    > > pretty sure that the cartridges are securely in place. Does anyone have

    any
    > > ideas what's wrong? Thanks. (btw, the system is an HP Pavillion 8665C
    > > running Win98 SE).
    > >

    > You *did* remember to take the little piece of tape off the nozzles,

    didn't
    > you? (Sounds stupid, I know, but I've seen it happen more than once.)

    Yes, OS! Many of my users have called me for assistance...tape in place!
    It's hard to be polite when they do such silly things!
    Miggsee, Aug 4, 2003
  5. On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 01:54:24 GMT, "Music Guy" <> said:

    >I recently got a second hand canon bjc 2000 printer. I've put in new
    >cartridges, downloaded and installed printer driver. When I try to print
    >something, it goes through the motions of printing - for example, the paper
    >goes through, and the print head moves, but the paper remains blank. I'm
    >pretty sure that the cartridges are securely in place. Does anyone have any
    >ideas what's wrong? Thanks. (btw, the system is an HP Pavillion 8665C
    >running Win98 SE).

    Did you clean the print head with distilled water and a Q-tip before
    you installed the cartridges? Were there any pieces of tape on the
    bottom of the cartridge before you installed them?

    If this is the typical canon style printer with seperate ink tanks and
    print heads then you will need to use distilled water and Q-tips to
    clean the old dried ink out of the heads, if that doesn't work you may
    need to replace the heads themselves. You may find it cheaper to buy a
    new printer at that point.
    --

    Armed with that knowledge, I am well qualified to tell you that if you
    have taken the time to research me, you have practicaly no life.
    Phineas P. Hornswaggle, Aug 4, 2003