    should wait for the SD800 or get the SD700 now. Does anybody know when
    the SD800 will be released for retail sale. and also how much will it
    go for.?

    Coolbreeze, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Coolbreeze

    bitwisebob Guest

    On 15 Sep 2006 13:44:36 -0700, "Coolbreeze" <> wrote:

    >I'm in the market for a digital camera. My Initial choice is the canon
    >Powershot SD700 but I see on canon usa website that the SD800 IS will
    >be coming out next month on October. I'm dabating on whether or not I
    >should wait for the SD800 or get the SD700 now. Does anybody know when
    >the SD800 will be released for retail sale. and also how much will it
    >go for.?

    wow, didn't the SD700 just come out this summer

    ---
    Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
    Eugene Oregon

    bitwisebob, Sep 16, 2006

  3. Coolbreeze wrote:
    > I'm in the market for a digital camera. My Initial choice is the canon
    > Powershot SD700 but I see on canon usa website that the SD800 IS will
    > be coming out next month on October. I'm dabating on whether or not I
    > should wait for the SD800 or get the SD700 now. Does anybody know when
    > the SD800 will be released for retail sale. and also how much will it
    > go for.?

    Wow. It makes my 9 month old SD 550 seem like an antique. Seriously, the
    specs look great on the SD800. However, one must evaluate the sharpness,
    color purity, noise at various ISO levels, etc., before deciding what is
    best. Specs alone are not meaningful. I've read reviews of good spec
    cameras where the sharpnes was poor, and/or the digital nose was very
    high. Don't be the first kid on the block to get a new model. Read some
    reliable reviews first.
    Good luck.

    Morton

    Morton Linder, Sep 16, 2006