    Thanks in advance for any replies,
    Charlie

    , Nov 29, 2006

  2. Bob Williams Guest

    Re: Canon Powershot S80 can no longer read 2gb SD after using 4gbSD

    wrote:
    > In reference to the use of a Canon Powershot S80:
    >
    > Has anyone see a problem of not being able to read or write to a
    > smaller SD card after using a bigger one? I just bought a 4gb RiData
    > SD card and used it for a week while on vacation, photos and movie
    > clips were fine, but when I ran out of room I switched over to the
    > smaller previous used 2Gb SD (SanDisk) and the camera report "no memory
    > card".
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any replies,
    > Charlie

    That is a weird one Charlie.
    Perhaps it is just coincidence.
    Try another SD card to see if it too, cannot be read.
    Does the 2GB card work in a card reader?
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Nov 29, 2006

  3. tomm42 Guest

    On Nov 29, 2:56 am, wrote:
    > In reference to the use of a Canon Powershot S80:
    >
    > Has anyone see a problem of not being able to read or write to a
    > smaller SD card after using a bigger one? I just bought a 4gb RiData
    > SD card and used it for a week while on vacation, photos and movie
    > clips were fine, but when I ran out of room I switched over to the
    > smaller previous used 2Gb SD (SanDisk) and the camera report "no memory
    > card".
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any replies,
    > Charlie

    have you tried to format the card in the camera? Do you have access to
    a PC (if you are still on vacation) that can format the Sandisk card,
    then format it in the camera.

    Good Luck

    Tom

    tomm42, Nov 29, 2006