    it on yesterday, it didn't turn on at all. I replaced a different
    battery, a different memory card, still no luck. Any suggestions?

    , Mar 20, 2006

  2. m Ransley Guest

    How do you know the batteries are good, use a voltmeter.

    m Ransley, Mar 20, 2006

  3. Davy Guest

    Hi,
    Have a look at these two links see if they can help you-:

    http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=85065&forum_id=15
    http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=77566&forum_id=15

    Try taking the batteries out for a few minutes and try again... also
    ensure the contacts are clean etc, with some models it's due to the
    len's being jammed, see the above links first to get some idea, you
    may be able to navigate to the exact model.

    Whether the above relates to your model I can't say.

    Davy

    Davy, Mar 20, 2006
  4. jean Guest

    Also there is a little switch on the CF card cover, could it be damaged? I
    don't remember if there was one on the battery door too so check that also.

    Jean

    jean, Mar 21, 2006
  5. Guest

    Thanks eveyone for your recommendations. I tried everything I can, it
    still didn't turn on. I think next thing I'm going to do it to open it
    and to see if anything is broken inside. I called Canon support, they
    asked me to ship it to them and the minimal charge is $127 to fix it. I
    would rather buy a new one with that money, other brand of course.

    , Mar 21, 2006