    BOth have the big stabilized zoom, but I don't know which one is best.
    Thanks
    Manuel

    tramoman, Jun 15, 2005

  2. tramoman wrote:
    > Please, help me to chose!
    > BOth have the big stabilized zoom, but I don't know which one is best.
    > Thanks
    > Manuel

    The S2 IS is too new to have many of its good points or problems well
    known. Given that you can't choose otherwise between the two cameras, get
    yourself down to the camera shop and see how both feel in your hands.
    Which is best for you will not be what is best for me.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jun 15, 2005

  3. On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:07:32 GMT, "David J Taylor"
    <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid>
    wrote:

    >tramoman wrote:
    >> Please, help me to chose!
    >> BOth have the big stabilized zoom, but I don't know which one is best.
    >> Thanks
    >> Manuel

    >The S2 IS is too new to have many of its good points or problems well
    >known. Given that you can't choose otherwise between the two cameras, get
    >yourself down to the camera shop and see how both feel in your hands.
    >Which is best for you will not be what is best for me.

    Here are over 30 owner's reports on the S2 IS.

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=canon_s2is

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Jun 15, 2005
  4. David J Taylor, Jun 15, 2005
  5. tramoman

    Rick Guest

    "tramoman" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Please, help me to chose!
    > BOth have the big stabilized zoom, but I don't know which one is best.
    > Thanks
    > Manuel

    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_s2-review/

    "All-in-all I really like the PowerShot S2 and it gets my highest
    recommendation. I think the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 is
    more of a "photographers" camera with its sturdier construction,
    manual focus ring, and hot shoe, with the S2 being more of an
    all-around tool for still and video shooting."

    Rick, Jun 15, 2005
  6. tramoman

    Dizzledorf Guest

    On 15 Jun 2005 08:42:00 -0700, "tramoman" <> wrote:

    >Please, help me to chose!
    >BOth have the big stabilized zoom, but I don't know which one is best.
    >Thanks
    >Manuel

    I'd have to give the nod here to the S2 -- partially because I own one
    (being honest). But really, with: ISO 50 (vs. 80 for the FZ20), AA
    batteries (vs. proprietary Li-Ion battery), raw SPEED on everything --
    startup, shot-to-shot, review (Panny said to be responsive too,
    although startup is 4.4s vs. 1.2s for Canon), twist-n-flip LCD for
    flexible shooting (FZ's is a tad bigger, but fixed), best movie mode
    in any digicam, Super Macro (0cm!!)... the plusses are _too many_ for
    the Canon S2 IS.

    The FZ20 gets props for the manual focus ring, hot shoe, and live
    histograms.

    In the end, I agree with David (in this thread). Go to your camera
    shop and get both in your hands and take various types of shots. Heck
    I'd even bring my own memory card (both of these take SD), take some
    shots and compare results at home.

    DIZZLE

    Dizzledorf, Jun 16, 2005
  7. tramoman