    features. How good is the S1 LCD in outdoor light vs the 6490. How are they
    in lower light levels? Thanks for your input.

    Jason

    Jason, May 31, 2004

  2. I just bought a S1 a couple of weeks ago. I've been really pleased with
    it's performance. I definitely like being able to rotate the lcd screen.
    It comes in handy as you're discussing when taking pictures. I don't have
    to hold the camera at eye level to be able to see the lcd. I simply have to
    flip it out, and adjust it to the angle I want. I have used it in dark
    areas as well as in bright sunlight. While my experience with digital
    cameras and lcd screens is minimal, I feel that the screen performs well.
    There was a couple of times in bright sunlight that the screen was difficult
    to see, but all I did was adjust the screen angle and it helped improve
    visibility. Hope this helps.

    richard bullington
    "Jason" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have narrowed down my 2 choices to the powershot s1 and the dx6490. I

    use

    Richard and Shaw Bullington, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Jason

    Jason Guest

    "Richard and Shaw Bullington" <> wrote in

    > I just bought a S1 a couple of weeks ago. I've been really pleased
    > with it's performance. I definitely like being able to rotate the lcd
    > screen. It comes in handy as you're discussing when taking pictures.
    > I don't have to hold the camera at eye level to be able to see the
    > lcd. I simply have to flip it out, and adjust it to the angle I want.
    > I have used it in dark areas as well as in bright sunlight. While my
    > experience with digital cameras and lcd screens is minimal, I feel
    > that the screen performs well. There was a couple of times in bright
    > sunlight that the screen was difficult to see, but all I did was
    > adjust the screen angle and it helped improve visibility. Hope this
    > helps.
    >
    > richard bullington
    > "Jason" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have narrowed down my 2 choices to the powershot s1 and the dx6490.

    > use
    >> the LCD only, bad elbow makes it hard to hold camera up to face. the
    >> 6490 has a big lcd which but the S1 has one that rotates. Both are
    >> appealing features. How good is the S1 LCD in outdoor light vs the
    >> 6490. How are

    > they
    >> in lower light levels? Thanks for your input.
    >>
    >> Jason

    hey rich thanks for the reply. How easy is the lcd to see in somewhat low
    light. like indoors with maybe 1 light on, or indoors with just light
    from the window? sounds like you like it overall. how does the image
    stabilizer work? thanks again,

    Jason

    Jason, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Jason

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Jason,

    Your best bet is to visit a local store and review both cameras first hand.
    This will get a feel for the cameras and their features. One thing I like
    about the DX6490 is the external flash and the EVF or electronic viewfinder.
    Not too important for you if you cannot easily get the camera to your eye.
    But try them out, as the viewing screens are not as good outside as they are
    inside. Look at them both then decide on what will be best for you. Let me
    know if you have any questions later.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jun 7, 2004