    slider over, and lifting the cover. Is there any magic required? Or do I
    (sigh) have a defective piece of equipment here?

    Thanks in advance.

    Dave, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Dave

    SleeperMan Guest

    Dave typed:

    > Hello;
    >
    > Just took my new Canon S1 IS out of the box today, can't open the
    > battery cover. I assumed it required a pretty simple simian motion
    > of pushing the slider over, and lifting the cover. Is there any
    > magic required? Or do I (sigh) have a defective piece of equipment
    > here?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Slide white long little button and then slide whole cover in the direction
    where lens is. Then lift it. Look the arrows. If won't work ,it's defective.

    SleeperMan, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Dave

    dwight Guest

    "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    > Dave typed:
    >
    > > Hello;
    > >
    > > Just took my new Canon S1 IS out of the box today, can't open the
    > > battery cover. I assumed it required a pretty simple simian motion
    > > of pushing the slider over, and lifting the cover. Is there any
    > > magic required? Or do I (sigh) have a defective piece of equipment
    > > here?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.

    > Slide white long little button and then slide whole cover in the direction
    > where lens is. Then lift it. Look the arrows. If won't work ,it's

    defective.

    That fooled me, too. Since it was a brand new camera, I certainly didn't
    want to force it and break anything. But, yes, follow Sleeper's
    instructions, and it should pop open for you.

    (Of course, remove any tripod mount first.)

    dwight :()

    dwight, Jul 3, 2004
  4. In article <>, (dwight)
    wrote:

    > That fooled me, too

    And me. The S1's the first thing I've bought in ages where I had to read
    the manual before I could use it. It's rather embarrassing :)

    Andrew McP

    Andrew MacPherson, Jul 4, 2004
  5. Dave

    SleeperMan Guest

    Andrew MacPherson typed:

    > In article <>,
    > (dwight) wrote:
    >
    >> That fooled me, too

    > And me. The S1's the first thing I've bought in ages where I had to
    > read the manual before I could use it. It's rather embarrassing :)
    >
    > Andrew McP

    true...

    SleeperMan, Jul 4, 2004
  6. Dave

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Andrew MacPherson wrote:
    > In article <>, (dwight)
    > wrote:
    >

    >>That fooled me, too

    > And me. The S1's the first thing I've bought in ages where I had to read
    > the manual before I could use it. It's rather embarrassing :)

    But there is the other point of view: "Finally, a manual which is
    useful" :)

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Jul 4, 2004
  7. In article <eFTFc.12982$>,
    (Phil Wheeler) wrote:

    > But there is the other point of view: "Finally, a manual which is
    > useful" :)

    You must work in marketing ;-)

    Andrew McP

    Andrew MacPherson, Jul 4, 2004