    I'm interested to know how fast the camera is when
    shooting RAW.
    Thanks !

    brother, Sep 13, 2007

  2. brother

    Ron Hunter Guest

    brother wrote:
    > Hi, Anyone out there with a G9 yet?
    > I'm interested to know how fast the camera is when
    > shooting RAW.
    > Thanks !

    If you mean how fast it can write the larger (than JPG) file to the
    flash card, that will depend on the speed of the card as well as the
    speed of the camera interface.

    Ron Hunter, Sep 14, 2007

  3. brother

    Trevor D. Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 03:01:55 -0500, Ron Hunter <> wrote:

    >brother wrote:
    >> Hi, Anyone out there with a G9 yet?
    >> I'm interested to know how fast the camera is when
    >> shooting RAW.
    >> Thanks !

    >If you mean how fast it can write the larger (than JPG) file to the
    >flash card, that will depend on the speed of the card as well as the
    >speed of the camera interface.

    That's about as informative as saying, "This isn't a good place to buy something
    if you can't afford it."

    Of course that's what it depends on, that's what the speed of every camera's
    file saving speed depends on, not just RAW. He's asking to know the actual
    speed.

    Someone needs to have their name put into the often-used idiot filter it seems.

    This newsgroup is like an idiot-magnet for some reason. Maybe it's all those P&S
    features they put into all the dSLRs these days. Make something "user friendly"
    and it just opens up the floodgates for all idiots. The same thing happened with
    the internet in the early to mid 90's. The net was instantly flooded with morons
    as soon as they didn't have to configure their TCP/IP protocol, IP address, DNS
    server, subnet masks, and modem AT commands.

    <plonk>

    Trevor D., Sep 15, 2007
  4. brother

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 11:28:38 GMT, Trevor D. wrote:

    > Of course that's what it depends on, that's what the speed of every camera's
    > file saving speed depends on, not just RAW. He's asking to know the actual
    > speed.
    >
    > Someone needs to have their name put into the often-used idiot filter it seems.
    >
    > This newsgroup is like an idiot-magnet for some reason. Maybe it's all those P&S
    > features they put into all the dSLRs these days. Make something "user friendly"
    > and it just opens up the floodgates for all idiots. The same thing happened with
    > the internet in the early to mid 90's. The net was instantly flooded with morons
    > as soon as they didn't have to configure their TCP/IP protocol, IP address, DNS
    > server, subnet masks, and modem AT commands.

    To your assistance I quickly arrive, with list in hand, just what
    is needed to stock needy kill filters. So you won't feel left out,
    note that you've made the Big Time in . . .

    the all new . . .

    > **** CHDK / Photoline 32 / anti-DSLR Sock Puppet Troll List ****
    >
    > A.Neuman, Allan D., Baumbadier, BetterEditors, BigBrother, Bobbert,
    > Brad M, BrokenP&S, Bucky, CharleiD, CoffeeTalk, CoolGuy,
    > Craig Stevens, D. Farmington, Dartagnon, DaveB, David Baires,
    > Do This, DOCJohnson, D-Rexter, Danny V., DSLR Honesty,
    > EdBancroft, DSLRs SUCK!, EdiTOR, ,
    > FeastForThought, Fed-Up-With-Corel, FixItMan, Franklin B.,
    > FrankLM, Gaile S., GET A ROOM, GilfordBrimly, Glen Bankwood,
    > GnomeAlaska, GoKiting, GreggAkin, GregoryH., Henry Hank,
    > HatTrick, HokusPokus, IdiotDetector, IdiotsIdiotsEverywhere,
    > ImpressMe, It Takes Time, Jack Johnson, JoeBS, Lurk, John Kaiber,
    > Les Danesworth, LoserSpotter, M. Goode, MoronDetector,
    > Mr. Observant, NameHere, NameThere, New2_S3,
    > , NotaFreeBillboard, Notes4theClueless,
    > OptionsRus, OTPolice, Passing Through ..., RealityCheck,
    > ReplyingToStupid, Rob Akins, RockyZ, SamanthaSpade, SayWhat,
    > SelfImporantName, SelfImportantName, Siskel, Sigh...More Fools,
    > SmartAdvice, SmartGuy, Soujourner, spamless, SpamAlert!,
    > SpamDetector, Stephen James, Tech Man, Tester, Trevor D.,
    > Troll Detector, TryinToHelp, Wayne J.L., Wayne Wrangler,
    > WhileOutShopping..., WillyWonka, X-Man, Yeti, youmustbejoking
    > and YourPsychologist.

    > <plonk>

    We've heard that song before, and your banjo's badly in need of
    tuning.

    ASAAR, Sep 15, 2007