    - PictBridge support
    - Advertised price of 899,00 Euros

    (Yikes, for that price!)

    Mike Henley, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Mike Henley

    Fishface Guest

    Fishface, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Arty Phacting, Aug 7, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    (Mike Henley) wrote:

    > http://www.photographyblog.com/weblog.php?id=P3336
    >
    > - 7.1 megapixel camera
    > - 3x optical zoom lens, equivalent to 35-140 mm on a 35mm camera
    > - Aperture range f/2.0-3.0
    > - Maximum file size of 3072 x 2304 pixels
    > - Supports JPEG, RAW, AVI formats
    > - 640 x 480 or 320 x 240 video
    > - CompactFlash Type I / II memory cards
    > - USB Interace
    > - 104 x 70 x 72 mm dimensions
    > - Weighs 375 grams
    > - PictBridge support
    > - Advertised price of 899,00 Euros
    >
    > (Yikes, for that price!)

    3 times zoom?? the G5 has 4 times zoom!

    375 grams? The G5 weighs 490 grams ...

    Doesn't look right.
    I will believe it when I see it ;-)

    Wouldn't it be about time that they started using FireWire?
    Or at least USB 2 support?

    --

    Wouter F. Wessels
    Gouda, the Netherlands

    Wouter Wessels, Aug 8, 2004
  5. Mike Henley

    Sabineellen Guest

    >3 times zoom?? the G5 has 4 times zoom!
    >
    >375 grams? The G5 weighs 490 grams ...
    >
    >Doesn't look right.
    >I will believe it when I see it ;-)

    490gms is too much; it sounds just about right that they may try to reduce it.

    3x or 4x is neither here or there.

    Sabineellen, Aug 8, 2004
  6. Mike Henley

    Sabineellen Guest

    >Doesn't look right.
    >I will believe it when I see it ;-)

    The only thing that doesn't look right to me is the price. They just can't sell
    it for 899 Euros. I would say 500 to 600 euros sound about right.

    Sabineellen, Aug 8, 2004
  7. Mike Henley <> quoted:

    > - 3x optical zoom lens, equivalent to 35-140 mm on a 35mm camera

    ....and there was I thinking that "3x" means "three times". ("5x" sounds
    plausible as an upgrade from the G5, doesn't it?)

    Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
    If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!

    Louise Bremner, Aug 8, 2004
  8. Mike Henley

    Sabineellen Guest

    >...and there was I thinking that "3x" means "three times". ("5x" sounds
    >plausible as an upgrade from the G5, doesn't it?)

    Eh, 3x sounds even more plausible as an upgrade from the 4x G5. You may be
    buying a camera but they are selling a line. They probably think that it makes
    more sense to the g6 potential buyer to have better quality lens than a bigger
    zoom. Those who want zoom will buy the 10x IS camera they sell.

    Sabineellen, Aug 9, 2004
  9. Sabineellen <> wrote:

    > > > - 3x optical zoom lens, equivalent to 35-140 mm on a 35mm camera

    > >...and there was I thinking that "3x" means "three times". ("5x" sounds
    > >plausible as an upgrade from the G5, doesn't it?)

    > Eh, 3x sounds even more plausible as an upgrade from the 4x G5.

    You reckon? Seems to me that 3x would appear to be a downgrade from the
    G5's 4x, to those who just go by the numbers.

    (Leaving aside the question you snipped, as to how "35-140" equates to
    "3x")

    Louise Bremner, Aug 9, 2004
  10. Mike Henley

    Sabineellen Guest

    >You reckon? Seems to me that 3x would appear to be a downgrade from the
    >G5's 4x, to those who just go by the numbers.

    Well, I can only assume that they assume the G6 buyer (and keep in mind canon
    also sells the S line, the A line... etc) would not be one of those who just go
    by the numbers.

    Sabineellen, Aug 9, 2004