    My G3 has the latest firmware. Help wanted... I cannot use outdoor
    fill-flash at all :-/

    Charles

    Charles Bueche, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Charles Bueche

    Zol. Guest

    "Charles Bueche" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > this is otherwise a great combination for indoor, but in all my
    > attempts to use fill-flash outdoor, I get systematic over-exposure.
    >
    > Example for indoor :
    > http://www.preles.ch/gallery/album11/13_19_34_img_2183
    >
    > Example for outdoor (I have retouched it with gimp to make it a bit
    > darker, but it was originaly completely white'd) :
    > http://www.preles.ch/gallery/album11/13_20_58_img_2184?full=1
    >
    > I have tried the FP mode "H" switch on the flash and "P" mode on the
    > G3, it produce the same over-exposure.
    >
    > My G3 has the latest firmware. Help wanted... I cannot use outdoor
    > fill-flash at all :-/
    >
    > Charles

    What was your light metering method? and was the camera on a slow sync or normal mode?
    I`m not too familiar with flash techniques (still learning) - one thing you could try (I`m
    not saying this is correct but may help) - have the camera setup with the flash unit but
    switch the flash off, then compose the shot and lock the exposure (`*` button?) then switch
    the flash on and take the shot. I think if you figure the exposure for the sky in the
    outdoor shot and use the flash it should fill in the closer detail which would then be dark.

    I think probably somebody else out there can help more.

    Zol.

    Zol., Jun 4, 2004

  3. Hi,

    I have done a few more tests, and it suddenly started to work. I
    suspect a bad contact within my flash on the "green/FP" switch. Or
    maybe I'm just dumb and need more tests to understand my equipment.

    Thanks anyway,
    Charles

    Charles Bueche, Jun 7, 2004