Canon Powershot G2 for sale

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Patrick J., Oct 8, 2004.

  1. Patrick J.

    Patrick J. Guest

    Patrick J., Oct 8, 2004

  2. "Patrick J." <> wrote in
    news:4166f694$0$8642$:

    FYI
    ebay don't allow you to ad here
    the charter for this group does neither

    Roland Karlsson, Oct 8, 2004

  3. Patrick J.

    Patrick J. Guest

    "ebay don't allow you to ad here"

    Can you tell me only one good reason why eBay would not allow me to post an
    ad?

    Patrick J., Oct 9, 2004
  4. Patrick J.

    ed Guest

    "Patrick J." <> wrote in message
    > "ebay don't allow you to ad here"
    >
    > Can you tell me only one good reason why eBay would not allow me to post

    an
    > ad?

    ebay terms and conditions says you are not to advertise ebay auctions in
    online communities that ban advertising. this group does not permit
    advertising. go to the "marketplace" newsgroup instead

    ed, Oct 9, 2004
  5. Roland Karlsson, Oct 9, 2004
  6. Patrick J.

    Jer Guest

    Patrick J. wrote:

    > Can you tell me only one good reason why eBay would not allow me to post an
    > ad?

    It's pretty simple Patrick, advertising is not allowed in this
    newsgroup. There are other newsgroups for that. eBay rules
    specifically prohibit their clients from violating our rules. Now, you
    may or may not agree with that, and that's your prerogative. But, I
    don't think eBay had your prerogatives in mind when they drafted their
    rules. So, the act of advertising an eBay event in this newsgroup
    violates two rule sets, ours and eBay's. I'll tell you this, eBay
    doesn't take kindly to their clients doing this, and after enough
    complaints, they'll cancel their client's account to protect their own
    business model. It's a groupthink thing, and if you feel the need to
    help yourself, take it up with eBay.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Oct 9, 2004