    cameras.

    Any ideas greatly appreciated!

    thanks!

    wrdnx, Apr 15, 2004

  2. wrdnx

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (wrdnx) wrote in
    news::

    > we have 2 Canon PowerShot A80 cameras, and have tried to connect them
    > both to 2 different windows 98SE PCs (HP/Compaqs). At first we were
    > getting system errors on docking them, so we updated the bios's on
    > them and the chipsets to the latest versions. since doing this we
    > don't get the errors any more, simply nothing happens when we dock the
    > cameras.
    >
    > Any ideas greatly appreciated!

    Did you read your manuals? Are you supposed to install any drivers? Is
    Windows 98SE Supported by the camera?

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 15, 2004

  3. wrdnx

    Jerry G. Guest

    Go to Add/Remove programs, and uninstall the software. Now take out the
    manual, and follow the instructions about how to re-install the software.

    Also take care to read about the necessary specifications of the machine
    necessary to run the software and camera. If the machine is too old, this
    software may not run correctly.

    A shortcut to get the files from the camera is to invest a few dollars, and
    buy the USB card reader for the memory card in the camera. Follow the
    booklet on how to install the reader.

    Turn the power off on the camera, remove the Compact Flash memory card, and
    put it in to your reader. You can now look at the reader with Windows
    Explorer just as any disk drive. You can copy and past the picture files
    from the Compact Flash memory card to a folder on your hard disk. You can
    then simply run most any photo editor on your computer to do what you want,
    just like any other photo file.

    I found that this method was very good for extracting the files from the
    Compact Flash memory card.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "wrdnx" <> wrote in message
    Hi,

    a bit of a bizzare one this, that i'm hoping someone may be able to
    shed some light on it, or point me in the right direction...

    Jerry G., Apr 17, 2004