    Also, how is FujiFilm FinePix S5000?

    Thanks
    /V

    Venkat Venkataraju, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Venkat Venkataraju

    Kirk Davison Guest

    I just love my s5000.

    Kirk Davison, Jan 24, 2004

  3. You can compare the specifications of these cameras easily on dpreview:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp

    My very personal opinion: Although the Fujifilm Finepix S5000 looks more
    like a "real" camera and has a zoom to 370mm I am skeptical about the
    picture quality because of the interpolation (see
    http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/fujis5000_samples ). In my opinion the Canon
    gives the best results in image quality but in this case it might be
    important to you that the A80 does not have the possibility to save images
    uncompressed (RAW or TIFF) which the Nikon 4300 can.
    I like the canon menus most. To me they seem easy and with a large set of
    possibilities of manual change which I like. The display of the Canon A80
    could be flipped out and twisted which helps when taking pictures from
    special perspectives. AutoFocus and Shutter lag might be better on the
    Nikon. However, I would go for the Canon A80. - But again: this is my
    opinion and my priorities might be different from yours.

    Try the link on top to compare the cameras side by side and also read the
    other user opinions at http://www.dpreview.com

    "Venkat Venkataraju" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:ZphQb.33418$P%...

    Martin Wildam, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Venkat Venkataraju

    Hyun Guest

    Venkat Venkataraju <> wrote in message news:<ZphQb.33418$P%>...
    > I'm planning to buy a good entry level camera. I'm looking @ PowerShot
    > A80 and Coolpix 4300, but i'm not able to make up my mind. i need some
    > suggestions.
    >
    > Also, how is FujiFilm FinePix S5000?
    >
    > Thanks
    > /V

    I have a Coolpix 4300 and after taking over a thousand pictures. The
    results have been fantastic - color spot on. The only real issues are
    shutter lag when using a flash and the power of the flash. But I have
    learned to live with these shortcomings and get nice results.

    Arthur Lee
    http://www.best-digital-photos.com/index1

    Hyun, Jan 26, 2004