    what i am looking for is the best digital camera in my price range (up to
    £300 on amazon) that offers excellent image quality. size doesn#'t matter,
    as i am not after a fashion accessory!
    kenneth_lad, Feb 16, 2004

  2. kenneth_lad

    Paige Miller Guest

    On Stardate 2/16/2004 6:12 AM, the following keys were mysteriously
    typed at kenneth_lad's keyboard...
    > hi all
    >
    > i've now whittled down my choice of digital camera down to these two. i
    > would just like to ask the group which of these two camera's they think is
    > best.
    >
    > what i am looking for is the best digital camera in my price range (up to
    > £300 on amazon) that offers excellent image quality. size doesn#'t matter,
    > as i am not after a fashion accessory!

    I have a DX6490 and I love it. It is easy to use, takes very nice
    pictures, and has a wide variety of features that you can learn to use
    at your own pace. I would definitely go read the reviews of these two
    cameras at places like

    http://www.steves-digicams.com
    http://www.dcresource.com/
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/

    --
    Paige Miller
    pmiller5 at rochester dot rr dot com

    It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
    If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
    I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack
    Paige Miller, Feb 16, 2004

  3. kenneth_lad wrote:
    > hi all
    >
    > i've now whittled down my choice of digital camera down to these two. i
    > would just like to ask the group which of these two camera's they think is
    > best.
    >
    > what i am looking for is the best digital camera in my price range (up to
    > ? on amazon) that offers excellent image quality. size doesn#'t matter,
    > as i am not after a fashion accessory!

    I bought a Kodak DX6490 instead of a Fuji S5000 (which has similar specs)
    because the image quality of the Kodak was better.

    It's a bit noisy at ISO400, but that can be fixed easily with software called
    NeatImage, and possibly with The Gimp.

    Ben Thomas
    Melbourne, Australia
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, Feb 16, 2004