    Regards,
    Jinesh.

    , Oct 11, 2006

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > anybody came across a problem with Camera consuming huge amount of
    > power ? A set of 2100 mAH cells in my canon powershot A80 gets
    > exhausted in 50-60 shots. Is'nt this unusual ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jinesh.

    Sounds fairly similar to my A70, if using flash and the display
    switched on.

    , Oct 11, 2006

  3. ASAAR Guest

    On 11 Oct 2006 11:28:50 -0700, wrote:

    > anybody came across a problem with Camera consuming huge amount of
    > power ? A set of 2100 mAH cells in my canon powershot A80 gets
    > exhausted in 50-60 shots. Is'nt this unusual ?

    If you're not using the flash for most of your shots it would be
    unusual for new NiMH batteries to perform that poorly. If you're
    not using the flash, it might be that your batteries have lost much
    of their original capacity. Most of the NiMH AA batteries sold
    these days are at between 2,500 mAh and 2,750 mAh, so your 2,100 mAh
    cells may just be showing their age or one of the cells might be
    damaged. Many similar cameras using alkaline batteries get about
    1/2 the life compared to NiMH AA cells, so try using a pair of fresh
    AA alkalines. If they're good for 50 or more shots, your NiMH
    rechargeables should be replaced, and the new ones should be good
    for more than 100 shots, maybe as much as 200. But if the alkalines
    only last for about 25 to 30 shots, the A80 may be wasting battery
    power, either due to a malfunction, or the camera may be set so that
    it wastes power, such as by using continuous auto-focus, assuming
    that the A80 has that feature. When those 50 to 60 shots were
    taken, how long was the camera powered on? Less than an hour? More
    than 3 hours? Was the LCD display turned on or off?

    ASAAR, Oct 11, 2006
  4. best photos Guest

    I use "GP" 1600 and 2400.
    I use Canon PS A80 and I'm sure 1600mAh it's enough for about 400 shots (LCD
    turned on) and many more when the display is turned off.
    I'm sure you charge too fast.
    I charge cells 1600mAh about 10-12 hours (discharged as much as possible)
    and 2400mAh about 14-16 hours.

    Marcin
    www.mybestphotos.batcave.net

    Uzytkownik <> napisal w wiadomosci

    best photos, Oct 11, 2006
  5. Guest

    ASAAR,

    thanks for ur valuable suggestions,

    I my NiMH cells are brandnew and alkaline battery lasts only for as
    much as 40 shots...

    I normally shoot with FLASH and LCD turned on, i will get some more
    shots with turning off the LCD.

    ~Jinesh

    ASAAR wrote:
    > On 11 Oct 2006 11:28:50 -0700, wrote:
    >
    > > anybody came across a problem with Camera consuming huge amount of
    > > power ? A set of 2100 mAH cells in my canon powershot A80 gets
    > > exhausted in 50-60 shots. Is'nt this unusual ?

    > If you're not using the flash for most of your shots it would be
    > unusual for new NiMH batteries to perform that poorly. If you're
    > not using the flash, it might be that your batteries have lost much
    > of their original capacity. Most of the NiMH AA batteries sold
    > these days are at between 2,500 mAh and 2,750 mAh, so your 2,100 mAh
    > cells may just be showing their age or one of the cells might be
    > damaged. Many similar cameras using alkaline batteries get about
    > 1/2 the life compared to NiMH AA cells, so try using a pair of fresh
    > AA alkalines. If they're good for 50 or more shots, your NiMH
    > rechargeables should be replaced, and the new ones should be good
    > for more than 100 shots, maybe as much as 200. But if the alkalines
    > only last for about 25 to 30 shots, the A80 may be wasting battery
    > power, either due to a malfunction, or the camera may be set so that
    > it wastes power, such as by using continuous auto-focus, assuming
    > that the A80 has that feature. When those 50 to 60 shots were
    > taken, how long was the camera powered on? Less than an hour? More
    > than 3 hours? Was the LCD display turned on or off?

    , Nov 6, 2006
  6. ASAAR Guest

    On 5 Nov 2006 20:01:00 -0800, wrote:

    > I my NiMH cells are brandnew and alkaline battery lasts only for as
    > much as 40 shots...
    >
    > I normally shoot with FLASH and LCD turned on, i will get some more
    > shots with turning off the LCD.

    You're welcome. If you use the flash for *all* shots, that's
    actually not too bad, as older cameras used much more battery power
    than more recent models. If you turn off the LCD you will get more
    shots per set of batteries or per charge, but not nearly as many
    more if you don't use the flash. If you test the camera taking
    pictures outdoors without using the flash, I'll bet that the number
    of shots will increase dramatically, perhaps increasing by a couple
    of hundred shots. Do you use the camera only for indoor shots or in
    very low light?

    ASAAR, Nov 6, 2006