    Can you confirm that these noises are normal, or do I have to return it?

    Cheers,
    Bod

    Wayne Joyce, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Wayne Joyce

    Ed Guest

    Ed, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Wayne Joyce

    Zol. Guest

    There are certain noises that you may hear in realtion to the
    shutter,iris/lens movements but like everything - if you are not happy then
    take it back to the store and ask to check another camera to see if it
    sounds the same to you and if not ask for a replacement ... Zol.

    "Wayne Joyce" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just bought an A70 after reading rave reviews in the UK press.
    >
    > All is fine, except I'm a little concerned with some of the noises it's
    > making.
    >
    > Clicking the button halfway to focus results in lots of clicks in rapid
    > succession followed by a longer click.
    > Also, when zooming to full extent and then retracting the lens, I

    initially

    Zol., Aug 1, 2003
  4. Wayne Joyce

    Abrasha Guest

    Re: Canon A70 sample photos

    Ed wrote:

    > Recently set up a web site with some vacation photo... all taken with a
    > Canon A-70
    >
    > Check them out

    Love that fat woman in the red day-glo dress in the elevator.

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Aug 2, 2003
  5. Wayne Joyce

    Graham Guest

    Wayne Joyce wrote:
    > I've just bought an A70 after reading rave reviews in the UK press.

    I too have a new A70.

    > All is fine, except I'm a little concerned with some of the noises
    > it's making.

    > Clicking the button halfway to focus results in lots of clicks in
    > rapid succession followed by a longer click.

    I can only hear mine focussing in a very quiet environment or by holding
    it up to my ear. The sound of the harddrive in my laptop in front of me
    is enough to drown out the focussing mechanism!

    > Also, when zooming to full extent and then retracting the lens, I
    > initially get a similar clicking sound to above, except it sounds
    > more mechanical (like gears slipping), after which the lens retracts
    > smoothly.

    My camera makes a clearly audible whirring when zooming. For comparison,
    it's similar in volume to the laptop hard drive.

    > Can you confirm that these noises are normal, or do I have to return
    > it?

    The noises you describe sound bad.

    At the very least ask to see (and hear) another A70 to confirm whether
    this is a one off.

    Graham, Aug 6, 2003