    using FrontPage 2002. Can I accomplish this? How? Thanks in advance for
    any help. And please have patience with my excessive descriptions of the
    features. No, I don't own any Canon stock - I just really like this camera.

    Paul H, Sep 23, 2006

  2. Paul H

    Paul H Guest

    Thank you, Tom. Canon Support said "you will have to contact the maker of
    the Microsoft FrontPage software for assistance". So I'm stuck between two
    vendors who point to each other. I have seen real estate web sites that
    routinely include these virtual views of rooms. I wonder how they do that
    on their web site? Proprietary software, using another web development
    tool? I can only hope that someone has solved this problem for users of
    A530 cameras.
    ---------

    "Tom Willett" <> wrote in message
    Your question is not related to FrontPage programming. Try asking support
    at Canon.
    --
    Tom Willett
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
    "Paul H" <> wrote in message

    I just bought a Canon PowerShot A530 digital camera. I chose it because it
    is inexpensive and has an "auto-stitching" function. This feature, when
    used with the included software, makes the process effortless. I can stand
    in the center of a room and use the "stitch assist" feature to see a little
    of each prior picture to align the new picture with the prior picture. Then
    the software automatically corrects my slight mis-alignments and make one
    panoramic picture of the room. It also has a 360 degree feature, that
    creates a virtual view of the room, so I can use the mouse to rotate left or
    right as if I'm standing in the room and looking around. The software that
    supports that virtual view is part of the Windows software that Canon
    includes. I want to be able to support the same feature on my web site,

    Paul H, Sep 23, 2006

  3. Paul H wrote:
    > Thank you, Tom. Canon Support said "you will have to contact the maker of
    > the Microsoft FrontPage software for assistance". So I'm stuck between two
    > vendors who point to each other. I have seen real estate web sites that
    > routinely include these virtual views of rooms. I wonder how they do that
    > on their web site? Proprietary software, using another web development
    > tool? I can only hope that someone has solved this problem for users of
    > A530 cameras.
    >
    > "Tom Willett" <> wrote in message
    > Your question is not related to FrontPage programming. Try asking support
    > at Canon.

    Your question indeed is entirely to do with webpage design. FrontPage is
    very MS oriented, and loathed by many.

    I'd ask in a web page design forum, but can't personally suggest which
    ones.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Sep 23, 2006
  4. Paul H

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Paul H" <> writes:
    > panoramic picture of the room. It also has a 360 degree feature, that
    > creates a virtual view of the room, so I can use the mouse to rotate left or
    > right as if I'm standing in the room and looking around. The software that
    > supports that virtual view is part of the Windows software that Canon
    > includes. I want to be able to support the same feature on my web site,
    > using FrontPage 2002.

    You are saying you want to put an image on your web page that the user
    can view with a web browser, and make the picture scroll around by
    moving their mouse in the picture?

    That is not a standard web feature and I doubt very much that
    Frontpage supports anything like it. You could do it with Flash but
    you need special development tools for that. Basically what you're
    asking is doable but somewhat "advanced".

    Hmm, actually you might be able to do it with client side Javascript,
    sort of like Google Maps. Again, doable but "advanced".

    Paul Rubin, Sep 24, 2006
  5. Paul H

    Don Wiss Guest

    Here is one option: http://www.ipix.com/

    Don Wiss, Sep 24, 2006
  6. Paul H

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com> writes:
    > >Hmm, actually you might be able to do it with client side Javascript,
    > >sort of like Google Maps. Again, doable but "advanced".

    > Here is one option: http://www.ipix.com/

    Oh I think that's that horrendous "immersive imaging" company that
    went bankrupt but I guess is now alive again. Their shtick was
    de-curving fisheye images, not stitching panoramas, and trying to
    litigate anything remotely similar out of existence. For various
    reasons (see Google) I wouldn't touch their stuff with a 10 foot pole.

    Paul Rubin, Sep 24, 2006
  7. Paul H

    Dave Guest

    Paul Rubin wrote:
    > "Paul H" <> writes:
    >
    >>panoramic picture of the room. It also has a 360 degree feature, that
    >>creates a virtual view of the room, so I can use the mouse to rotate left or
    >>right as if I'm standing in the room and looking around. The software that
    >>supports that virtual view is part of the Windows software that Canon
    >>includes. I want to be able to support the same feature on my web site,
    >>using FrontPage 2002.

    > You are saying you want to put an image on your web page that the user
    > can view with a web browser, and make the picture scroll around by
    > moving their mouse in the picture?

    You might give this a try(Hey its free,what the heck)I came across it a
    while back in some other newsgroup and never got around to trying
    it.Supposed to give you zoom and pan capability.
    http://www.zoomify.com/
    Like I said haven't tried it myself

    Dave

    Dave, Sep 24, 2006
  8. Paul H

    Paul H Guest

    Thanks, Dave, I downloaded the free version. The demo on their web site
    looks like it may do what I want. But without a "readme" file, I'm
    mystified by their programs. I'll see if they will provide any support.
    Paul

    Paul H, Sep 24, 2006